diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Rover Lithium settings

I just stumbled on this, and have the same issue, I ended up building a user profile, I will look at Solar Sheds numbers.. I found that my DC to DC charger kept the battery voltage at 14.4, even though the Lithionics BMS had cut off charging.. it was holding it there powering the minor loads of the fridge, going down the road.. it never stopped holding at that voltage.. then when I stopped and started again, it tried to go bulk again each time.. I disconnected all other charging to verify this.. never floated" or removed 14.4. so I attempted a user profile to get it to stop charging when full. and then hold the voltage at 13.6 for the coach load.. while on.. the Lithionics batts have an aging counter that increments when you hold the voltage above 13.8 faster.. its their attempt at aging.. they looked at my data and told me that this was happening and to check one of my chargers thats attempting to trickle charge at 14.4 even after BMS shut down..

I am going to probably have to abandon this unit at some point.. Lithionics, for this reason will not authorize any of their devices to be paired with any REnogy product for this reason on their default Iron settings.. and I need to preserve my warranty.. so will be moving over to Kisae or victron DC to DC unit soon.. bummer.. I liked some of its features..

I just stumbled on this, and have the same issue, I ended up building a user profile, I will look at Solar Sheds numbers.. I found that my DC to DC charger kept the battery voltage at 14.4, even though the Lithionics BMS had cut off charging.. it was holding it there powering the minor loads of the fridge, going down the road.. it never stopped holding at that voltage.. then when I stopped and started again, it tried to go bulk again each time.. I disconnected all other charging to verify this.. never floated" or removed 14.4. so I attempted a user profile to get it to stop charging when full. and then hold the voltage at 13.6 for the coach load.. while on.. the Lithionics batts have an aging counter that increments when you hold the voltage above 13.8 faster.. its their attempt at aging.. they looked at my data and told me that this was happening and to check one of my chargers thats attempting to trickle charge at 14.4 even after BMS shut down..

I am going to probably have to abandon this unit at some point.. Lithionics, for this reason will not authorize any of their devices to be paired with any REnogy product for this reason on their default Iron settings.. and I need to preserve my warranty.. so will be moving over to Kisae or victron DC to DC unit soon.. bummer.. I liked some of its features..

Yes, The Renogy Rover LI parameters should not be used for Lifepo4 batteries as they are too aggressive. User settings should be used.

A suggestion would be to click the link below and read this message and then read the entire thread. There is significant information on programming the Renogy Rover MPPT solar charge controller. My system uses the Renogy Rover 40 amp and 100 amp and they both work well. I will admit it took a while to find the the proper parameters for my system, but it performs very good now and has for several years.

Hope it helps...

Dyno, what are your basic user settings.. I built a 14.2 bulk with a float at 2 yrs on 13.4 so it would cut out early and not be quick to bulk again when driving and have a load on them.. I basically want the DC to DC charger to hit them when they are lower and back out of the picture as the battery gets nearing absorption CV.. the dedicated balmar alternator can handle the rest as things taper off I only want one unit doing the topping off.

Dyno, what are your basic user settings.. I built a 14.2 bulk with a float at 2 yrs on 13.4 so it would cut out early and not be quick to bulk again when driving and have a load on them.. I basically want the DC to DC charger to hit them when they are lower and back out of the picture as the battery gets nearing absorption CV.. the dedicated balmar alternator can handle the rest as things taper off I only want one unit doing the topping off.

Goose,
My solar system is stationary and not mobile as it sounds like your system is...

All my settings and description for the Renogy Rover Solar Charge Controller are listed along with an explanation in this message.
Click the link below and take a look as you will probably find it helpful. If you find the message helpful read the entire thread for more information on the Renogy Rover.

thanks.. I started with those settings and tweaked it a little.. I needed a little longer boost and higher numbers to get it to continue to charge whilst the alternator is also in boost but cut out .1 early.. so Im at 14.3/13.7 and 60 min.. its cutting out pretty much on time now, and my Aging counters have stopped ripping upwards on the Lithionics batts and no more overcharge dings. so far its good for now.. but Im going to go victron when I have a remake. at the expiration of boost time, it never gets back to full charge unless I get way down to 13.2 boost kick, so Im losing alot of bulk charge time.. thats the trade off to keeping it from over boosting.. so I will never be happy with it, and it will come out..

Back