diy solar

diy solar

Ripped Off !

The seller has now sent me a video of there operation, although I don't know what it proves, it looks like they are using the same Group 27 case for the 50ah & 100ah batteries, if they are not scammers they would have realised that the weight of the 100ah battery that they sent to me was the weight of a 50ah battery, although when I have asked them what is the weight of the two types, they do not give me an answer, so I do think this is a scam and not a genuine mistake of them accidently labelling a 50ah battery as a 100ah battery, I don't mind playing there silly game, it's quite entertaining to be fair !

The seller has now sent me a video of there operation, although I don't know what it proves, it looks like they are using the same Group 27 case for the 50ah & 100ah batteries, if they are not scammers they would have realised that the weight of the 100ah battery that they sent to me was the weight of a 50ah battery, although when I have asked them what is the weight of the two types, they do not give me an answer, so I do think this is a scam and not a genuine mistake of them accidently labelling a 50ah battery as a 100ah battery, I don't mind playing there silly game, it's quite entertaining to be fair !

Keep us updated, interested about the outcome . I would've thought you'd have no luck of getting money back from AliExpress

But we shall see !

battery weight.jpg

The seller has sent me this image, saying this is the weight of the 100ah battery that they sent me, 5.90kg.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but a 100ah battery can not weigh as little as 5.90kg it would have to be 9.75kg at the very least to be a 100ah battery.

I think you're making a mistake trying to prove wrongdoing using weight for this dispute. You bought a 100AH battery, and it's not testing anywhere near that. That's the only relevant data point.

Proving energy density weight for a given chemistry to Aliexpress is way too complicated. The listing said 100AH, you got a 50AH battery. Seller needs to make it right.

Yes shampeon, but what I don't get is why the seller would send me that image which proves they are scammers, or is it the case that these sellers don't have a clue about the products that they are selling, and that they are quite happy to put 100ah stickers on 50ah batteries and sell them as such, anyway the dispute rolls on, AliExpress have proved to be less than useless so far, and I get that as they would not understand the nature of the product as they have so many sellers and products to deal with, my only hope is that my my Credit Card company comes through, but they will not start proceedings until the start of September, as others have mentioned the worst case scenario is that end up with a 50ah battery that cost $200 and I have learned yet another lesson in life.

Wow, the seller is having a sale now, just $178 for the alleged 100ah battery, they claim to have sold 217 units, I wonder how many other buyers have bothered to capacity test there battery or even noticed that it only performs for 50% of it's claimed 100ah capacity. Could have been worse though just seen a YouTube video of a UK chap, Martin Lee who bought four 100ah batteries of Amazon, and they did not even have a BMS inside !

Well just an update, my Credit Card company has refunded my full payment, and the seller has not collected the battery within the 16 days legal notice given, so that's a result.
I am not sure who bares the cost, is it the Credit Card company, is it AliExpress, or could it be the seller who knows.
Thankfully that is the end of that, and I will be ultra careful when I next buy a 100ah battery, although it seems that is no guarantee when buying direct from the Chinese.

Well just an update, my Credit Card company has refunded my full payment, and the seller has not collected the battery within the 16 days legal notice given, so that's a result.
I am not sure who bares the cost, is it the Credit Card company, is it AliExpress, or could it be the seller who knows.
Thankfully that is the end of that, and I will be ultra careful when I next buy a 100ah battery, although it seems that is no guarantee when buying direct from the Chinese.

The best possible outcome, full refund no return

Yep SamG340, in some ways it is a hollow victory as I really needed a 100ah battery to run a small portable power pack build with 1000w PSW inverter, an upgrade to be fair from my old SLA 120ah 500w PSW inverter portable power pack, which weighs a back breaking 26kg (60lb)

Anyway I have decided to do a "Tear Down" of the battery and reveal what it contains, my Son (38) who is ex army and is now into making video's which he posts on YouTube, he has some good camera kit, as he mostly does MTB and trekking videos, so it will be quite a slick production when done, although I am not so keen to be on camera, as I have more the looks for radio !

Just another update, feedback on the sellers site shows other buyers with the same issue, I cant post my feedback as my order has been frozen due to the full refund that I got, these sellers are real clowns, wasting everyone's time, not to mention money.

This is quite good entertainment to be fair, and I am amazed that the seller is still communicating with me, although he/she does seem a little upset at the moment, I think loosing a 50ah battery and indirectly refunding me $200 has not gone down so well, funny when the boot is on the other foot.
I think my sordid little relationship with this scam seller is about to come to an end, and I for sure wont be loosing any sleep over it.

Yet more buyers have now posted negative feedback and images of the same battery, unfortunately I am unable to give my feedback on the sellers AliExpress site, as they have frozen my order which is a bit naughty of AliExpress to be fair, it's as though AliExpress wants to protect these scammers. the seller has now stopped communicating with me, which I get, as not only has my payment been refunded they have lost what appears to be a perfectly good 50ah battery, although my work in progress "Tear Down" of the battery will reveal the truth in that, as I could be in for more surprises.

When you confirmed receipt then the funds would have been released from Aliexpress to the seller, when the credit card company refunded you the cash came from AliExpress who will now be chasing the seller, Aliexpress do not mess about when they lose funds so the seller will currently be hurting as Aliexpress will impose sanctions. You are off the sellers Xmas card list ;) .

Yep kommando, the saying used to be, buyer beware, now it's scammer beware, to be fair I have never had an issue with other Chinese sellers on AliExpress or Ebay, and I have bought a number off things over the last 20 years, I think I will wait now for the more recognised brands like Li Time and Ecoworthy etc to let there prices drop some more, $200 I think is the sweet spot for a 100ah LiFeP04 battery with no bells and whistles.

Looks like the EV car battery shortage is to turn into a glut according the Sunday papers so you may not have to wait long.

Noticed that AliExpress gave another buyer a 30% refund for there 100ah battery which was only 50ah, and to get that the buyer had to provide a 10hr ! video of the capacity test, surly the buyer should have got at least a 50% refund, although I would have argued for 100% refund in order to teach the scam seller a lesson, AliExpress will be well aware that there have been a number of fake 100ah batteries sent out by this seller as per feedback given already by others, and who knows if the scam seller is doing this how safe even are the internals of the battery, shocking that AliExpress appear to be more on the side of the scam seller, than they are for the innocent buyer, who has waited over two months for the product to arrive..

Well another twist in this sorry tale, AliExpress have opened a case to retrieve the money refunded to me, from my CC, anyways I have done the Tear Down of the battery now, and as expected the Cells are 50ah and the BMS 50 amp, cable to the battery terminal is 10awg for both + & - if that is not enough evidence to prove that this 100ah battery is actually only 50ah I don't know what is, the Tear Down video is being edited as I type this, so will be posting the link shortly, think I will be beefing up those 10awg cables as I plan to run a 500w PSW inverter of this little battery pack.

Well another twist in this sorry tale, AliExpress have opened a case to retrieve the money refunded to me, from my CC, anyways I have done the Tear Down of the battery now, and as expected the Cells are 50ah and the BMS 50 amp, cable to the battery terminal is 10awg for both + & - if that is not enough evidence to prove that this 100ah battery is actually only 50ah I don't know what is, the Tear Down video is being edited as I type this, so will be posting the link shortly, think I will be beefing up those 10awg cables as I plan to run a 500w PSW inverter of this little battery pack.
Well Aliexpress have an issue, from their website ref Buyer Protection

This guarantee is in addition to and does not limit your statutory rights as a consumer, as granted by all mandatory laws and regulations applicable in your country of residence.

Your credit card refund would be under UK consumer law specifically Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Back