diy solar

diy solar

Ripped Off !

To be fair Steve, I have never bought from AliBaba and have only used AliExpress over the last few years, and apart from my battery purchase I have never had an issue, but will give AliBaba a view for my next purchase.
Thanks for the heads up on LMFP that does look the way forward, and NMC 532, the way things are going 600 miles range from an EV will be standard with a battery that has a longer life than the car itself, and like you say, should be happening early 2024.
I am in a "odd position" and am stuck behind a few NDA's. Simply put, I've been working on a project, a battery company here in Canada and if all goes well Q1-2024 things will start. I've had contacts in China since the Mid 80's through the Computer Sector, and more but I can't get into that. I am working also on being able to use Canadian Produced LFP cells (yes, we have been making them for a decade now) but they are all going to fill contracts and hard to get. Worst part is, it got politicalized too. Luckily several companies are setting in Quebec, including SK, NorthVolt and more, so it's just amatter of time.

EV Range is all relative, be careful on assumptions. Battery Cell capacities are increasing fast and LMFP is yet another leap forward BUT Battery Pack Size & Vehicle Weight + Drive Train (single, dual motor etc) all affect the range along with Heavy or Light footed drivers.

If you really want a straight up no BS, get exactly what you ordered vendor then go to Luyan Tech on Alibaba. MANY here have done so and without regrets.

If you really want a straight up no BS, get exactly what you ordered vendor then go to Luyan Tech on Alibaba. MANY here have done so and without regrets.

I could not really get beyond the home page…

Are sodium ion cells going to be a big thing?

I would not hold your breath for Sodium Ion getting into public hands too quickly. Not only do EV Makers have a hard eye on them, so do ESS Companies and they will get them first. Even LMFP won't be easy to get for a while and we won't know till at least Q1 if not Q2 of 2024 where that will plopp. Ironically, China & EU will get them first and the US ... who knows. Partly because of that Great & Wondrous love affair that's going on.

My poor mans Jackery 500 is working great, for defrosting my car before I set of to work in the early mornings, now it's starting to get cold here in North West UK, using a 400w PTC ceramic heater, the heater runs for over an hour no problem, also been using the unit for powering my 300w ac kettle whilst on road trips, very impressed with my 50ah unit so far.

I do like a story with a nice ending. That AliExpress /DGIN cloud definitely had a silver lining (y)

Some Sodium Cells are now shipping in VERY LIMITED quantities to public distro. These ARE FIRST GENERATION !!! BE AWARE OF THAT and act accordingly... ultimately until 3rds generation you are a Beta Tester. Basically you assume the responsibility and all that goes with it.

These ARE FIRST GENERATION !!! BE AWARE OF THAT and act accordingly... ultimately until 3rds generation you are a Beta Tester. Basically you assume the responsibility and all that goes with it.

NaCl (table salt) is inert and used in everything. When you separate sodium out things can change. An online search of an MSDS sheet can be rather eye opening.

Proponents point at the oceans as a vast supply and this is true. However I suspect a number of safety issues will need to be ironed out as this technology evolves.

Back