diy solar

diy solar

RoadTrek etrek 2015 major battery issues

Are you getting fault messages and alarms from the AIMS inverter charger? Have you verified individual battery voltages of all 8 house batteries?

Leaning to fuses, an inverter charger reset and possibly a malfunctioning battery charge control device. Do you hear the relay clunk when turning the house battery disconnect from on to off and or off to on?

Can you post the AIMS inverter charger model?
hi thanks for the reply.

I found out from roadtrek technician that the fuse is actually part of the equalizer, if you have one. And I do. I already tested that and it does have full power. I’ve tested all the batteries and they all over 6 V

I have the sine 5000 W inverter. I am not sure where the AIMS charger is located. Is that a different inverter?

I have the disconnect and the other day it was hard to turn off because the battery was so low I think. It eventually turned off. I think it might’ve done some sort of reset because I have more battery power in that it’s lasting longer and stronger. But it’s only coming from solar still.

hi thanks for the reply.

I found out from roadtrek technician that the fuse is actually part of the equalizer, if you have one. And I do. I already tested that and it does have full power. I’ve tested all the batteries and they all over 6 V

I have the sine 5000 W inverter. I am not sure where the AIMS charger is located. Is that a different inverter?

I have the disconnect and the other day it was hard to turn off because the battery was so low I think. It eventually turned off. I think it might’ve done some sort of reset because I have more battery power in that it’s lasting longer and stronger. But it’s only coming from solar still.
The Inverter/Charger used in your ETrek is one unit made by AIMS. It has a reset switch on the unit and may need reset.

Are you getting any fault codes from the inverter? Is the Inverter powering up when turned on?

Got it. What does the equalizer do for the split house batteries?
By her description and reading the ETrek Owners Manual - It appears to be some type of charge control device so the split segments of the battery get proper charge in the two locations.

She needs to get a schematic from RoadTrek - it is a complex install.

By her description and reading the ETrek Owners Manual - It appears to be some type of charge control device so the split segments of the battery get proper charge in the two locations.

I see, it compensates for the resistance difference between the proximal and distal batteries because of the different wire lengths.
Kinda kludgey IMO.

I see, it compensates for the resistance difference between the batteries because of the different wire lengths.
Kinda kludgey IMO.
Yes, agree on that. Really common on RV's due to space restraints. When problems arise in these type installs, without a schematic, just finding the fuse points is a challenge.

Probably correct. Not much info out there. Even bossman tech support wasnt sure.
5357edaa-09a2-4b27-acf9-191eb6518f42-jpeg.13339

that is an image of the Equalizer located under the Ottoman on top of the wheel well. Below that top part, on the floor of the van are the fuses boxes Two

FYI the guy from bozman was the most helpful in helping me to test all the cables going in and out of all the different boxes relating to power wiring. He spent half a day on the phone with me.

You can see more images of the Equalizer in the first post.

Probably correct. Not much info out there. Even bossman tech support was sure.
5357edaa-09a2-4b27-acf9-191eb6518f42-jpeg.13339

that is an image of the Equalizer located under the Ottoman on top of the wheel well. Below that top part, on the floor of the van are the fuses boxes Two

FYI the guy from bozman was the most helpful in helping me to test all the cables going in and out of all the different boxes relating to power wiring. He spent half a day on the phone with me.

You can see more images of the Equalizer in the first post.

I have been trying for years to get the schematics to the wiring. .They tell customers they don’t have it. But I know for a fact that they do have it because several people that worked on it said they had access to the schematics. They have a deal With repair people not to give it out. Sick

If anybody has an RV tech license you can get the schematics and post it here thanks

The Inverter/Charger used in your ETrek is one unit made by AIMS. It has a reset switch on the unit and may need reset.

Are you getting any fault codes from the inverter? Is the Inverter powering up when turned on?
so this is why I think it is the connection between the batteries in the inverters and I just assume there was a fuse. But now we know that the fuse is in the Equalizer.

The readings on the inverter on are
input zero,
output 122.

s to me that means no input is coming in through the batteries to the inverter. And it’s probably why I cannot charge from the engine?.

I do get shore power however and can use the inverter via shore power but it still says zero input.

There is a little black button on the very back of the inverter and I have hit it before. I think it reset but did not change the reading

so this is why I think it is the connection between the batteries in the inverters and I just assume there was a fuse. But now we know that the fuse is in the Equalizer.

You have multiple inverters?

The readings on the inverter on are
input zero,
output 122.

Inverters make AC power from DC power.
If the input is 0 volts then the output should be 0 volts.
Perhaps you have an inverter/charger, confirm?

You have multiple inverters?

Inverters make AC power from DC power.
If the input is 0 volts then the output should be 0 volts.
Perhaps you have an inverter/charger, confirm?
I am not sure about that but I know you have to have the inverter on to charge from shore power. but you don’t have to have the inverter on to charge the batteries from the engine.

it is a sine 5k watt inverter

Sorry I am not sure why Siri is putting “call” in front of every single sentence.

Last edited:
I am not sure about that but I know you have to have the inverter on to charge from shore power. but you don’t have to have the inverter on to charge the batteries from the engine.

it is a sine 5k watt inverter

Sorry I am not sure why Siri is putting “call” in front of every single sentence.

Hows about a picture?

Hows about a picture?
This is a picture of the model information etc.
Sorry they are not good quality but it’s very tight in there or my phone.

Can you tell me what that first image Means where it says battery B-3 and Charging current 26 A?

Attachments

• FC97ACC3-DCD6-4218-84CC-3491B59DD2A8.jpeg
    FC97ACC3-DCD6-4218-84CC-3491B59DD2A8.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 1F8CC2AD-F025-4BB8-98DF-769D78B73485.jpeg
    1F8CC2AD-F025-4BB8-98DF-769D78B73485.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
This is a picture of the model information etc.
Sorry they are not good quality but it’s very tight in there or my phone.

Can you tell me what that first image Means where it says battery B-3 and Charging current 26 A?

No idea what battery b-3 would signify.
Charging current 28A is self evident I think.

diy solar

diy solar
Back