diy solar

diy solar

Rockpals 500w + solar panels question

Razorhoney

Hello. New here and I am wondering what I need to purchase to complete this setup.

I would like to get the Rockpals 500w Power Station + 2 Rich Solar 100w Polycrystalline Panels (wired up in parallel) . I am wondering what cables do I need to purchase in order to complete this system so it will work correctly and charge up the Rockpals.

Thanks

I'd talk to "Rockpals" Free Call: US (877)756-8666 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM (PST).
appears as though their panel comes with wires.

Is this a trick question?

I have called them before and it goes to voicemail. Still waiting to hear back from them???? I dont know how my post was a trick question?? I want to order everything at once- the rockpals 500, 2 Rich Solar 100w Panels and then the correct cables to attach the panels to the Rockpals (if needed)...

This should work for you https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0753X68PS/ref=twister_B0788KB8MR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The Rockpals solar input cable has MC4 connectors so you should be fine. Your aware the Rockpals has a 12V DC unregulated output, right?

Also, if your not in a hurry to buy and you don't need more than a 300w inverter the Bluetti AC50s (500wh with 12v DC regulated) is going for $349 with a 2yr warranty.

Hope I've been of help to you.

Last edited:
This should work for you https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0753X68PS/ref=twister_B0788KB8MR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The Rockpals solar input cable has MC4 connectors so you should be fine. Your aware the Rockpals has a 12V DC unregulated output, right?

Also, if your not in a hurry to buy and you don't need more than a 300w inverter the Bluetti AC50s (500wh with 12v DC regulated) is going for $349 with a 2yr warranty.

Hope I've been of help to you.
Thank you. I will check out the Bluetti unit as well. It looks like the Rockpals has to use solar panels that are like 14v-22v so 12v solar panels wont work. The Bluetti 300w unit might be fine as i just want to use the unit to charge phone, use laptop, a couple fans.

Im new to all this so im sorry if I ask basic questions or if something I am talking about seems puzzling. Im still trying to figure all this out and get a system before pg&e starts shuttin off electricity in a month or two.

Last edited:
FYI, The rated terminal voltage of a 12 Volt solar panel is usually around 17.0 Volts. A Solar Controller is used to convert this to around 13 to 15 volts to charge 12 volt batteries. With very low powered 12 volt solar panels (around 5 watts and under), sometimes a solar controller is not needed.

Can anyone confirm if the Rich Solar Polycrystalline 100w 12v Solar Panels will work with the Rockpals 500w solar generator or the 300w Rockpals Solar Generator. Will 2 100w Rich Solar Polycrystalline 12v Solar panels wired in parallel work with either Rockpals unit or do I have to purchase the Rockpals 100w Foldable Solar Panel? If I can only use the Rockpals 100w Foldable panel then is it possible to use 2 of those panels wired in parallel or that wont work?

Thanks again for everyones help Im just trying to figure out what I need to buy so i can get a basic system that will charge up in like 3-6 hours if possible. Like I said im new to all of this so Im still trying to figure out how it works and whats a decent system that isnt super expensive. Thank You

Can anyone confirm if the Rich Solar Polycrystalline 100w 12v Solar Panels will work with the Rockpals 500w solar generator or the 300w Rockpals Solar Generator. Will 2 100w Rich Solar Polycrystalline 12v Solar panels wired in parallel work with either Rockpals unit or do I have to purchase the Rockpals 100w Foldable Solar Panel? If I can only use the Rockpals 100w Foldable panel then is it possible to use 2 of those panels wired in parallel or that wont work?

Thanks again for everyones help Im just trying to figure out what I need to buy so i can get a basic system that will charge up in like 3-6 hours if possible. Like I said im new to all of this so Im still trying to figure out how it works and whats a decent system that isnt super expensive. Thank You
Not harping on the Rockpals but, I think you can do better ever with the Bluetti AC50 older version that doesn't have 12v regulated and will take up to 125w input max. Your two 100w Rich panels in parallel should get you there. One 170w Bouge RV panel should get you close to the 125w in good sunlight too. The Bluetti will charge faster than the Rockpals or the Jackery 500. Also, I believe the battery cycle life is better on the Bluetti too.

Last edited:
Bluetti looks really nice but its a lot more. Im thinking of going with the EXPERTPOWER S400 + 2 Rich Solar Polycrystalline 100w Solar Panels. Please let me know whatever opinions you have if this setup will work or not a good setup to get. thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back