diy solar

diy solar

Rosen battery doesn't wake up, is this normal?

VicYmif

We want to install the Rosen 200 aH wallbattery. But before we even wanted to try to mount the thing we wanted to see if it even works.

So we press the power button (without it being connected to a DC source) and nothing. According to the user manual it should still do something.

So we hook up some DC voltage (50 volts) and again nothing, it is not even charging. Is it normal that the LCD doesn't turn on when you press the power button? Are we missing something?

Did you contact Rosen or your reseller to see what they say?

Are you a member of the photovoltaikforum and not get any hints there?

Other than somebody much better than me with first-hand experience, I can only take some wild guesses to try:

Try turning the battery "OFF" as per the directions first, and THEN try turning it "on".

Is a can-bus or any other wiring attached that might be part of the issue?

Again, wild guesses - hope someone else can lend a hand.

Is it maybe like Apple products that to power on/off you have to push-and-hold the power button for several seconds?

Thank you for the replies,

We found out that there was a diode that has gone bad (power for the processor). After replacing this diode the battery started working again.

Bonjour,

pourriez-vous envoyer des photos de la diode sur la carte s'il vous plait ? Cela pourra aider une personne qui a ce type de problème.

Bonjour,

pourriez-vous envoyer des photos de la diode sur la carte s'il vous plait ? Cela pourra aider une personne qui a ce type de problème.
My French is not that great, but here you go. D4 was faulty and has been replaced with a (1000v reverse fast recovery) diode. Make sure you disconnect the cables in the correct order or risk damaging the BMS! I have to ask a colleague if you want this information.

Mon français n'est pas très bon, mais voilà. D4 était défectueux et a été remplacé par une diode (1000v reverse fast recovery). Assurez-vous de débrancher les câbles dans le bon ordre ou vous risquez d'endommager le BMS ! Je dois demander à un collègue si vous voulez cette information.
Bonjour,

Merci pour votre réponse.
si vous pouvez envoyer une photo de la modification, ce serait très bien.
Je possède une batterie rosen solaire dont je suis très content, mais si un jour j'ai le même problème que vous, je serai bien content de votre aide, et de retrouver vos photos...

sincèrement.

Jerome

@VicYmif Do you know where that diode is located on the board? They sent replacement boards for all 6 of my batteries so I’d like to get the old ones repaired so I have 6 backups image.jpg

Back