diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Solar from Alibaba, anyone have experience?

open batteries , connect a lab charger to each individual cell, follow top balance procedure in resources section for each cell in all batteries
I dont have a 230v charger capable of more than 30 amps and being off grid , it is not possible .
I am reluctant to open the batteries up as this will be a warranty issue
, that is if rosen solar honour their warranty !

I dont have a 230v charger capable of more than 30 amps and being off grid , it is not possible .
you dont need more than 30 amps.
a small lab charger that goes to 30v and 10 amps will do just fine.
run a generator..

so how's rosen warranty helped you so far ?

Your generator is most likely not providing a good AC sinewave. Use an Inverter generator like a Honda 2200i.

le code d'erreur après l'arrêt est 56
tensions de cellule autour de 3325
générateur n'a pas été " accepté " ,
il alimentera la maison mais ne chargera pas les batteries

Le code d'erreur après l'arrêt est de 56 tensions
de cellule autour de 3325
le générateur n'a pas été « accepté »,
Il alimentera la maison mais ne chargera pas les batteries

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230112-205926_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-205926_Drive.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230112-205325_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112-205325_Drive.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 3
you dont need more than 30 amps.
a small lab charger that goes to 30v and 10 amps will do just fine.
run a generator..

so how's rosen warranty helped you so far ?
Abysmal !
They totally ignore me , for months .
My son is planning to buy from them as are 2 other friends and I have told them the deals will not go through until they
resolve these issues which have been a problem since installation , as they too are concerned about after sales help .
Well , well , a contact from them today !
Just questions as usual , what is the invoice number, serial numbers , etc, etc ,
lost count of how many times these have been sent.
Never a solution .

Your generator is most likely not providing a good AC sinewave. Use an Inverter generator like a Honda 2200i.
Thanks , but the generator is a small part of the problem and when the current problems are resolved
I will look at the generator in more depth.
It is a Hyundai 6kva diesel silent generator and was bought for the power supply for the house build .
If needed it can run the house and it would be great if it charged the batteries as well .
I,m sure you are correct it is not a pure sine wave output .

Abyssal !
Ils m'ignorent totalement, pendant des mois.
Mon fils envisage d'acheter chez eux, tout comme 2 autres amis et je leur ai dit que les offres ne seraient pas conclues tant qu'ils
résoudre ces problèmes qui ont été un problème depuis l'installation, car eux aussi sont concernés par l'assistance après-vente.
Eh bien , un contact de leur part aujourd'hui !
Juste des questions comme d'habitude, quel est le numéro de facture, les numéros de série, etc, etc,
perdu le compte du nombre de fois qu'ils ont été envoyés.
Jamais de solution.
Asvez-vous fait un WhatsApp avec l'ingénieur GARY de chez Rosen?
Il resoud rapidement les problemes.

Abysmal !
They totally ignore me , for months .
My son is planning to buy from them as are 2 other friends and I have told them the deals will not go through until they
resolve these issues which have been a problem since installation , as they too are concerned about after sales help .
Well , well , a contact from them today !
Just questions as usual , what is the invoice number, serial numbers , etc, etc ,
lost count of how many times these have been sent.
Never a solution .
ok then, so why would you worry voiding your warranty if they arent helping you now ?
seems you have a good battery that could work very well and for a long time, provided you tell rosen to stick it somewhere the sun dont shone ;)

open the things up, top balance your cells, and you should be golden ..

but of course, just my 2 cents

Cell voltages from 1- 15 , read from the 3 battery displays.
I read the total voltages as you do , from inverter displays

Tensions de cellule de 1 à 15, lisez à partir des 3 écrans de batterie.
Je lis les tensions totales comme vous le faites, à partir d'écrans onduleurs

Asvez-vous fait un WhatsApp avec l'ingénieur GARY de chez Rosen?
Il resoud rapidement les problemes.
Yes I have tried Gary he has not been able to fix this . I had a few conversations , then nothing .

Oui, j'ai essayé Gary, il n'a pas été en mesure de résoudre ce problème. J'ai eu quelques conversations, puis plus rien.

ok then, so why would you worry voiding your warranty if they arent helping you now ?
seems you have a good battery that could work very well and for a long time, provided you tell rosen to stick it somewhere the sun dont shone ;)

I do manage the system so we can actually live on it .

It just doesn,t work automatically and I paid good money for this kit and they should correct the fault.
Also , the 2 batteries are only charging up to 60% so this means I can only " run with the sun"
little stored for a rainy day !

There is another from sales who has taken up the quest but she has to refer to an engineer
but there is a cable that is being sent which , I,m told will upgrade the BMS to correct the low amp batteries , we,ll see .

Tensions des cellules de 1 à 15, lues à partir des 3 affichages de batterie.
Je lis les tensions totales comme vous le faites, à partir des affichages de l'onduleur

Tensions de cellule de 1 à 15, lisez à partir des 3 écrans de batterie.
Je lis les tensions totales comme vous le faites, à partir d'écrans onduleurs
D'accord.
Si je résume,
- les batteries envoient bien 50v sur les onduleurs
- les BMS n'affichent pas de défaut
= Les batteries ne sont pas le problème.

- Vous avez mis les réglages que je vous propose sur les onduleurs
- la tension affichée sur les onduleurs est conforme (50v)
- les onduleurs affichent un défaut 56" 'batterie déconnectée."
= les onduleurs sont le problème, ils ont une panne.

qu'en pensez vous?

It just doesn,t work automatically and I paid good money for this kit and they should correct the fault.
Also , the 2 batteries are only charging up to 60% so this means I can only " run with the sun"
exactly, and your systen is missing 40% , which is quite easily turned into 100% , but you would have to give rosen the middlefinger..

give you months trying to get them to help you, i know what i would do

That is why Houseofancients is telling you to open up the battery so you can fix the problem. I doubt Rosen will ask you to ship them back at their expense so they can balance the cells for you. Question, is there a single cell which is over 3.65V when the inverter cuts off? It sounds like the BMS is shutting down due to over voltage. If that is the case, the only thing to do is redo the top balance of the cells.

Back