diy solar

diy solar

RoyPow, Epoch, & PowerUrus

Thanks for the question, glad to answer: The batteries were created as a result of collaborative efforts between us and RoyPow. We've been in partnership with them for some time now and have provided a great deal of input during that time. The systems you're referring to are exclusive to us. A limited number (that weren't co-branded) were produced for market introductions, but those models are no longer available. So, to answer your question: ours are available with ongoing production and the RoyPow's are not.

You know, there are companies that are doing R&D like lithionics, battleborn, Fortress power, they have engineers that design, write firmware and perform development in the U.S.

But I think you guys are being a little liberal here claiming you have done R&D in the USA, I think more than likely you have a white label dealership similar to EG4 does with its inverters / batteries. Nothing wrong with that.

https://palmettobatterypros.com/sho...100ah-trolling-motor-battery-charger-included

Seem to be available everywhere.

You know, there are companies that are doing R&D like lithionics, battleborn, Fortress power, they have engineers that design, write firmware and perform development in the U.S.

But I think you guys are being a little liberal here claiming you have done R&D in the USA, I think more than likely you have a white label dealership similar to EG4 does with its inverters / batteries. Nothing wrong with that.

https://palmettobatterypros.com/sho...100ah-trolling-motor-battery-charger-included

Seem to be available everywhere.
Not only does our team design and develop in the US, but coincidentally enough, we're performing firmware testing (today in fact) to support additional hardware on an upcoming model (which RoyPow has no involvement with). Regarding the RoyPow's you've linked, perhaps we should've emphasized the limited number and lack of ongoing production rather than current availability.

I still like the look of the battery line and the unique features. I'm going to keep an eye on them. Some day soon this cart will get a make over. I'll keep you all posted on what battery I go with and how it performs.

Attachments

• cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 22
"Epoch Batteries is a division of RoyPow energy. I recently learned Eve, one of the largest manufacturers of LiFePO4 cells, owns RoyPow."

???:oops:???

EVE owns roypow??

Can anyone confirm??
Google is your friend, well kind of. (they like your data)

Glad to be here. Thanks for the feedback and questions.

Each of our BMS designs are model-specific / unique to the system they manage. Common features and protections among them include: CANBUS & Bluetooth communications, short circuit protection, overcharge/over-discharge protection, over-current protection, high / low temp protection, self-discharge management, and control for internal heating.

Our 11-year warranty applies to all of our current and upcoming models (unless otherwise specified). We handle warranty claims on a case-by-case basis. Simply put, we genuinely appreciate our customers and like to show strong support in return. In the event of an issue with any of our products (at any time), simply reach out to us and we’ll work with you to find the best resolution. Officially, per terms, we’ll repair or replace within the first 36 months and continue to do so at a prorated rated afterwards.

In life cycle testing (which is a bit more intensive than typical use), our current range has withstood testing in excess of 3,500 cycles and some upcoming models have demonstrated reliability in excess of 6,000 cycles.
Hi,

I've been doing a lot of research lately to find components for my build that can withstand the rigors of frequent travel in a fifth wheel on dusty, unpaved roads. Morningstar has reached the top of my list for ultimate reliability amongst the power delivery components, and I'm particularly interested in your marine-grade 48V batteries. Besides a line on the product pages of a few other SKU's stating "Canbus connection allow for external fuel gauge monitoring", I can't seem to find any other information on Epoch CANBUS communications. This includes a cursory online search and a look through one of the other battery manuals (no manual for the 48V models is listed on the product pages). Can you comment on the ability for the battery BMS to communicate with other manufacturer's system components?

Also, while it seems like you have a top tier product that is clearly overbuilt (a very good thing for my use case), I've noticed multiple areas for improvement across your website that I would be happy to discuss in a private thread. Various consistency issues across product pages, user flow inefficiencies, etc. It's a personal pain of mine when I find a company with industry-leading product design but a website that doesn't match, so it would really be my pleasure to help out.

P.s., you mentioned above that the chargers come with a 3-year warranty, however the 48V charger lists a 1-year warranty. Something that may have changed since your last post here in December, but needs to be mentioned for anyone reading this thread.

Last Friday I received a 24V 100Ah from Epoch (10% off on their website made it less expensive than ordering through Amazon.

The cells were balanced at end of full charge about .02V. I used 300W solar panels. Good so far. Love the on/off switch on battery but hope it does not wear out.

In watching Will's video's I became sold on the Roypow. My first step will be a battery to put on pontoon for trolling motor. 2nd step will be golf cart batteries.

My concern is None of the roypow brands (roypow, epoch, or powerurus) are on amazon so that I can at least look at reviews. They seem to be building their own stuff so I'm inclined to assume it's a decent company.

Roypow has no pricing listed on batteries though they have quite a line up of varieties. Epoch has pricing and seems to be a step down from roypow with similar though slight step down in golf cart and trolling motor battery feature. Powerurus has a simple 100ah 12 volt battery that has bluetooth and cold temp cut off (really all I need for pontoon as it will be housed under a seat that is designed to keep water out.

I'm kind of torn as powerurus $450 get's low temp cut off, bluetooth and includes a roypow 10 amp charger.

So my questions; is there a big bad story behind why they are not on amazon? Or is this a company that makes good products and has choosen not to compete in the amazon market place?

Or is it safter to just get simple chins $300 battery?
Just FYI --- I just purchased the PowerUrus 12V 200Ah on Amazon.

Did anyone ever compare Roypow, Epoch, Dakota and Vatrer golf carts lithium batteries? I'm torn on which one to buy. pls helppppppp....

Just FYI --- I just purchased the PowerUrus 12V 200Ah on Amazon.

I bought the same battery about the same time, but it was cheaper to buy direct from PowerUrus. Amazon charges sales tax, Powerurus does not. Powerurus also was having a promotion at the time to throw in a free 10A LiFePO4 charger. I paid $730 total for the 200Ah model.

Prior to purchasing direct, I had a fairly lengthy back-and-forth email conversation with Powerurus support. They were excellent, answering every one of my questions and usually within 24-48 hours. I have asked perhaps another 7-8 question post-purchase and they continue to completely satisfy by answering my questions.

Amazon charges a hefty fee for sellers to sell on their platform. The ONLY reason to buy from Amazon (in this case at least) is if you don't have any faith in Powerurus to do the right thing if something goes awry. As we all know, Amazon will often take care of you, even past the 30-day return window, depending. I'd rather give more of my dollars to Powerurus directly and cut Amazon out of the middle. Win-win for both Powerurus and me. I have good faith in Powerurus as a company so far and I keep promoting their batteries and recommending people to buy through Will Prowse's affiliate link, because I want to support him as well. Support Will, Powerurus, get a good deal and leave Amazon to sell other stuff. I'm not exactly anti-Amazon, but when sellers create an incentive like Powerurus to buy direct from them vs Amazon, then Amazon loses much of it's appeal. Mostly I buy from Amazon now due to laziness...I know I can usually find it there and shipping is "free".

Generally if the official website has a USA phone number and you can call them then you can buy directly from there site. If a website does not have a phone number or its an Country Code starting from 86, then no you should buy from Amazon.

I think the premium on Epoch batteries is justified over powerurus even though the insides look identical.

18650batterystore also run Epoch and generally are good.

I think the premium on Epoch batteries is justified over powerurus even though the insides look identical.

Like most anything on this forum, it depends upon use case. For my application, the epoch is overkill and overpriced, but it could be the perfect fit for yours. For example, I’d not want to use the Powerurus in a small boat like a canoe or kayak and would much prefer the epoch.

I noticed some of the Epoch are coming with communication ports for victron. The 460ah RV battery looks really interesting other than price, which isn’t bad. I wonder how the larger format batteries compare to parallel group for heat dispersion

I noticed some of the Epoch are coming with communication ports for victron. The 460ah RV battery looks really interesting other than price, which isn’t bad. I wonder how the larger format batteries compare to parallel group for heat dispersion

They are having an extended Black Friday with coupon bf2023 for another 15% off. That’s the most energy dense battery for the size I’ve seen yet that isn’t a 100Ah mini with pouch cells.

Looks impressive:

• LiFePO4 Chemistry
  • Group 8D Size (20.9" x 8.7" x 12.1") L x W x H
  • 460Ah Capacity
  • 300A Max Continuous Discharge (500A 30s Discharge)
  • 230A Max Continuous Charge (300A 10s Charge)
  • IP67 Rated, Dust and WATERPROOF
  • HEATED - Internal heating for below 0C charging
  • BLUETOOTH - iOS and Android Apps
  • CANBUS Communication allows BMS to communicate directly with Victron OS
  • Mountable ON/OFF Switch
  • Mountable Battery gauge
  • Optional mounting brackets
  • Built-in Smart Battery Management System (BMS)
  • Over charge and over discharge protection
  • Over current and short circuit protection
  • High & low temperature disconnects
  • 3500+ Cycle life & Maintenance-free
  • 11 Year Manufacturer Warranty

Back