RPS 200? Anybody using these?

D

Deleted member 165

I'm considering using one of these. I've had several ranchers recommend them to me as being bulletproof. Anybody running one, or a similar RPS system?

EclecticBadger

Solar Enthusiast
I'm considering using one of these.

1500 bucks!!!! All the sensors do is interupt the power to the pump, turning it off.

Float switches are cheap as chips. Coupled with a solar panel, charge controller, battery and a good pond pump, I bet similar could be cobbled together for much less.

D

Deleted member 165

It's all about pump quality. This is a very good price for the high output, which I need. It is not in the same realm as a pond pump.

Tom

Food truck w solar
Shut up! I’ve been looking for this solution for months, had no idea some thing like this was out there. Looks like a cool setup. I need to move h2o out of a sump hole across 150 feet into a stream. Gravity will not work. This will. Thanks for the post.

D

Deleted member 165

Shut up! I’ve been looking for this solution for months, had no idea some thing like this was out there. Looks like a cool setup. I need to move h2o out of a sump hole across 150 feet into a stream. Gravity will not work. This will. Thanks for the post.
How deep is the hole? There might be a more efficient solution for you..

Tom

Food truck w solar
How deep is the hole? There might be a more efficient solution for you..
I think about 8 ft deep and 20 ft wide. Don’t need to EMPTY the sump, just move the water so it can refill and therefore keep the field drier at the top soil. All that prolly makes no sense, but .....

D

Deleted member 165

I think about 8 ft deep and 20 ft wide. Don’t need to EMPTY the sump, just move the water so it can refill and therefore keep the field drier at the top soil. All that prolly makes no sense, but .....

Makes perfect sense. The "pond pump" mentioned above would actually be perfect for you. A sump pump on a moisture sensor would do the trick nicely. This system is for deep well pumping. Massive overkill for what you need.

D

Deleted member 165

If you don't need it to be automated, I'd suggest a gas trash pump. $200 at harbor freight will give you a 150gpm pump that would do what you need. Do you need it automated?

Tom

Food truck w solar
Thanks. I’ve coddled together most of the pieces already and I agree w you. A sm pond pump. Slow and steady is my concept.

I made a fountain for our above ground pool last spring. One deep cycle batt, one small 1/2 inch 12v dc pump and some tubing. Put it on a timer so it would come on and off, thus not running the batt down too low. Has worked like a charm for two seasons. Exact same concept would be great for my “sump” problem.

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I’ve coddled together most of the pieces already and I agree w you. A sm pond pump. Slow and steady is my concept.

I made a fountain for our above ground pool last spring. One deep cycle batt, one small 1/2 inch 12v dc pump and some tubing. Put it on a timer so it would come on and off, thus not running the batt down too low. Has worked like a charm for two seasons. Exact same concept would be great for my “sump” problem.
I'm considering using one of these. I've had several ranchers recommend them to me as being bulletproof. Anybody running one, or a similar RPS system?

i have been looking at these for my mother’s place. I agree it looks too expensive for her, but I am looking forward to reviews from actual users of it. If you pick one up post caveats you discover. (Besides price I guess)

i am leaning more towards solar ups...

Johnny.Cash!

You might look at Grundfos well pumps. They are the only well pump I'm aware of that has a soft start, no spike to get started. My well is over 200' deep and the pump, model 105sq07-240 only needs 8.4amps @230v for the 3/4hp motor. I'm getting around 7 gallons a minute from it.

Stewfish

Solar Enthusiast
Last edited:

Deveak

Solar Enthusiast
Not sure about those pumps. Made in China, they brag about how its made right beside John Deere equipment like that brings credibility. Its probably fine, it has an American company doing QC. I just don't like spending that much money on stuff from China.
I've seen other Chinese pumps going for a lot less but you won't have any American QC. Basically a 1000 dollar difference.