diy solar

diy solar

Ruixu 16kWh LiFePO4 Early Adopter

avengers_assemble

I saw Ruixu has a new 16kWh LiFePO4 battery with built in self-heating and IP65 waterproof rating (can be put outside), there's a $400 early-adopter discount at the moment which makes it $3000 in total which is very tempting because I was going to buy three of their 5kW 48v server rack batteries but these cost a few extra hundreds if you include the racks and supporting accessories.

Question: Has anyone tried this battery? I haven't seen anyone posting a review on youtube or on this forum, I was kinda hoping @Will Prowse would have received a review sample by now for an early look. Here's a link to it https://www.ruixubattery.com/ruixu-14-3kwhpowerbank-51280

P.S I'm a new member to the forum looking to set up a full offgrid system

Wrote to RuiXu to ask about the timing on the certs. They responded: (for those that might be waiting)

Before we do UL9540,we will finish the UL1973 & UL9540A first. test lab told us UL1973 & UL9540A will take about 3-4 months if everything moves smoothly.
Then we will combine a inverter to do the UL9540

So sounds like they are not planning on getting a stand alone 9540 cert, but rather one tied to their inverter.

Wrote to RuiXu to ask about the timing on the certs. They responded: (for those that might be waiting)

So sounds like they are not planning on getting a stand alone 9540 cert, but rather one tied to their inverter.
I may be wrong because I haven't done enough research. But I think;

UL9540A is the standalone cert.

UL9540 is the cert to be paired with a specific Inverter. I'm curious to find out what they pair it with.

As I am told: 9540 can be stand alone for a battery or can be for a battery-inverter pair. Depends on whether the batt (or really the BMS) can meet the 9540 requirements on its own or needs an inverter to control some "stuff". 9540A is a simpler test for thermal runaway.

I have not been able to find BMS info on this battery, has anyone else confirmed what it is? Expecting 200amps??? Otherwise, specs and price look really good. Still very new to all of this, so maybe I'm just not interpreting the spec sheet correctly regarding BMS. Please educate me if so.

I may be wrong because I haven't done enough research. But I think;

UL9540A is the standalone cert.

UL9540 is the cert to be paired with a specific Inverter. I'm curious to find out what they pair it with.
We are testing the inverter ,hopefully we will release this inverter at the end of April.

We will do UL9540

Just to raise a point no one has mentioned, surprisingly.
We have seen MANY Battery Packs with LFP Cells on their Sides that have had leaks & failures.
Some cells, like BYD, CATL, Gotion BLADE cells are made in a format that is appropriate for it but not all are.
WHO remembers the GSL Mess ?

The cell located at the bottom of the 8 cell stack has a LOT of weight on it...
Assuming a cell @ 5kg (280AH = 5.6kg) 7x5kg = 35kg/77LBS on tp of a cell ?

Continually repeating the SAME MISTAKES OVER & OVER will never change the outcome !
It is no different than Voting for a Politician over & over again hoping they will change... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN !
Buy a Battery Pack with cells on their sides you are tempting Murphy & his Laws !

The cell located at the bottom of the 8 cell stack has a LOT of weight on it...
Assuming a cell @ 5kg (280AH = 5.6kg) 7x5kg = 35kg/77LBS on tp of a cell ?
That PSI is well below the recommended rigid compression for the cells in an EV pack.

Now, cells operating lying on their flat side, that does bother me a bit. But obviously the manufacturers are confident enough in it to warranty it.

I've had my 280ah cells on their sides for over 2 years now without problems, leaking, or severe damage/degradation. If it does happen though, I will post it on the forums.

The weight of the 7 cells on top of the last 8th (bottom) cells is kind of irrelevant. As @hwy17 Said. In my Seplos case they even have a plate apply pressure to all the cells together, so technically they all have MUCH more than 77lbs on them.

The problems that we saw in the past, I personally believe, were isolated incidents with possibly defective cells to begin with.

Not all cells are created equal. And some are ok laying over on the side or standing on the edge.

Back