diy solar

diy solar

Running a 9000 BTU mini split with the off-grid King solar package?

green bean

Hey everyone! I am trying to figure out if my solar system will have enough power to put into a Della 9000 BTU 115v mini split system the area of coverage is 400 square feet and the property is in Wyoming lots of sun. The solar system I have is the off-grid king package that DIY solar provides. The only other electrical pull I have running on the system are LED lights and starlink. I am a beginner and find it very difficult to figure out the mathematics of this. If this system will not run it, what would be an adequate small system that I could create separate from the one I have?

Last edited:
hmmmm ??? We kind of need to know the size of your system?? How many amps or watts can it produce? etc

I will say that here ate work we run all of our 8-12K window A/cs off of our solar system with I think a 3 thousand inverter ...

Take a look at your mini-split and see what requirement it has .... you will need to know the voltage and the amperage to see if you can do it ...

Then just calculate what your system is currently producing ...

This is the system that I went with but I have two lithium batteries instead of lead acid

hmmmm ??? We kind of need to know the size of your system?? How many amps or watts can it produce? etc

I will say that here ate work we run all of our 8-12K window A/cs off of our solar system with I think a 3 thousand inverter ...

Take a look at your mini-split and see what requirement it has .... you will need to know the voltage and the amperage to see if you can do it ...

Then just calculate what your system is currently producing ...
https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/the-off-grid-king-power-anything.html this is the full system I have. 2x 100ah 12.8v lithium batteries

Last edited:
Pioneer Diamante Series Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Inverter Heat Pump Full Set with 16 Ft. Kit https://a.co/d/81xdn7w

This one or the 9k is more efficient.

Also why are you looking at Bed bath and bankrupt for a mini spit?

I have the Della 9K. What I found is, if you put it on the lowest fan speed and set the target temp to very close to inlet temp, it can get to as low as 140 watts depending on outside temp. It can hang around 220 watts when its warmer outside in this lowest setting. Startup it will pull more then this (around 500w) till it gets stable.

I have the 12K della with the small screen remote and it does not care what temp is set to, only fan speed and outside temps. It gets as low as 250-325 watts on low.

The 9K tends to seek more(use more or less power) depending on how close or far room temp is compared to set temperature.

Hope this helps.

Back