diy solar

diy solar

Running booster pump 24/7 Questions before I make an order

Well, they don't lose power and water ALL the time, but they lose it SOMETIMES, where I am it isn't frequent at all since I am in the Tourist part, BUT IT DOES happen.

Yes the cistern would run out of water if I opened all the valves in the apartment. Cisterns are very common in Puerto Rico because people lose power and water all the time. When taking a shower I said I was getting about 25% of the pressure vs 100% pressure with the booster. I agree, only time will tell once I install the bypass. Really my major concern is having guests not being able to flush the toilet, I don't want them to have to get water manually from the cistern to dump into the toilet.
yea I understand it. Going without a shower for a few days isn't a big deal but taking a shit 2 times a day and having it stink up while you can't flush is way worse lmao

Well I mean, there is ample water all around, can always go to the ocean, or I would comp them a gym membership for the day(s) to shower there.

watch out for these, no cracking pressure psi rating. I'd just get the one I already linked at 0.5psi
Sounds good. I wasn't sure exactly what he was trying to do. Maybe I at least go the conversation pushed in the right direct even if I didn't pick the correct check value. It's just one I used on my sump pump. They actually have a little tiny metal spring on them to insure positive closure.

Sounds good. I wasn't sure exactly what he was trying to do. Maybe I at least go the conversation pushed in the right direct even if I didn't pick the correct check value. It's just one I used on my sump pump. They actually have a little tiny metal spring on them to insure positive closure.
naw we already had a check valve several pages back lol
yea the straight spring ones seem to be pretty popular in the brass rather than having a flap like pvc ones do
His tiny gravity tank PSI needs something that opens extremely easy, which we found for him

I guess I didn't see it. I think those brass ones are more for keeping a sprinkler system from backing up into the house when you lose water pressure.
Yea those regular brass ones and even PVC ones used all over the house where you should have like 35+psi all the time.
I found the brass ones too but they have a lot of ratings on grainger.
The ones at home depot / lowes all had 4.5psi. I looked at probably 100 of them

When I finally found how to look at it on grainger I found a massive list anything from 10psi to 0.0001psi which is nuts. You can blink on it to open it
It's nice to know they exist though

Hey guys I am back (to this message board) I was just researching my pump and on Home Depot I came across the question and answer section. Someone asked this.

A: RobertB - This pump does not come with a check valve. Some people do add one, but it is not required. -GP Support

So, if anyone remembers back in my post, I was told to run another pipe to avoid the pump, but it sounds like I just need to change out my check valve to one that can open with a lot less PSI, can any of you kind people confirm this.

Do I even need a check valve?

A check valve would be right after the water meter to prevent backflow into that system. You could also use a backflow valve after the cistern before the pump. This would prevent the posibility of siphoning water backwards into the cistern.

Backflow valves typically open very easy in one direction. Physically the are silimar to check valves. Depending on country it could be an anti-siphon or vacuum break. Many times a variation is used to prevent a sprinkler system from pulling water from a puddle in the yard back into the pipes if you loose water pressure.

Back