diy solar

diy solar

SAYIN HI and THANK YOU

Rock Lens

Greetings from New Zealand - I live off grid in a small cabin and generate my own power via my Micro-Hydro system. This works very well and generates around 10A. Right now we are looking into the possibilities of setting up and running a chest freezer. The Micro Hydro will not be able to help here as we are using pretty much all we generate with other loads so.... that leads me to dedicated solar to run a freezer either on mains power or 12v (as the rest of my stuff is 12v+ inverted). Any ideas would be great keeping in mind I am from the other side of the planet and some product just can't be had here - anyway thanks in advance and this forum is a gold mine - Cheers

If I was lucky enough to have a stream that would support hydro .... I would consider increasing it's capacity as much as possible .... or if you already have as much hydro that you can add .... There are a lot of posts about how to determine what you need.
First step will be to choose a freezer and then determine it's power requirements.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure there are plenty of posts already that can help you find the answers you need, or at least get you started.
I just purchased this book - I'm sure you know it well - great for a newbie like me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20.png
    Screenshot_20.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 3
Back