diy solar

diy solar

Schneider 100/600 MPPT firmware?

flpilgrim

Is anyone able to monitor their 100/600 through Insightlocal? I have everything up and running smoothly and can see power flow through my XW Pro but I can't see panel voltage and charging state.

I'm guessing the MPPT needs a firmware update but I can't find one on Schneider's website.

Thanks

You'll want to contact schnieder to confirm, but I *think* the 80 600, and 100 600 use the same firmware. There is a firmware posted on their site for the 80 600. But, like I said, confirm with them first.

Have you done a factory settings reset on the MPPT to see if it starts reporting?

Someone else just recently had a similar issue, and restoring the firmware worked for them, but honestly.. I had never seen that issue before, so no idea what caused it.

I also was looking for it and didn't find the firmware. Seems weird.

Make sure you didn't turn off Periodic Transmit Enable in the advanced settings.

You'll want to contact schnieder to confirm, but I *think* the 80 600, and 100 600 use the same firmware. There is a firmware posted on their site for the 80 600. But, like I said, confirm with them first.

Have you done a factory settings reset on the MPPT to see if it starts reporting?

Someone else just recently had a similar issue, and restoring the firmware worked for them, but honestly.. I had never seen that issue before, so no idea what caused it.
n2aws - I see in your signature that you have both the 80-600 and the 6-150 controllers. To save a bit of money on controllers, I'm thinking of doing the same in my new install for two separate arrays into the same Discover Element battery. Thinking that the two arrays will have separate orientations, the 600 V one on my main rooftop and a 150 V on a smaller west facing ground array.

Do the two types of controllers play well together on the same battery, or should I get two 600 V controllers to make all more compatible?

n2aws - I see in your signature that you have both the 80-600 and the 6-150 controllers. To save a bit of money on controllers, I'm thinking of doing the same in my new install for two separate arrays into the same Discover Element battery. Thinking that the two arrays will have separate orientations, the 600 V one on my main rooftop and a 150 V on a smaller west facing ground array.

Do the two types of controllers play well together on the same battery, or should I get two 600 V controllers to make all more compatible?
They work perfectly fine on the same battery. If you don't need more than 150v in your strings, by all means, save some cash.

Be aware, I think the 60 150 has an output limit of 3500 watts or something (you can put overpanel it a bit, though)

I also was looking for it and didn't find the firmware. Seems weird.

Make sure you didn't turn off Periodic Transmit Enable in the advanced settings.
Periodic Transmit was never turned on, I guess I missed that part of the commissioning guide. It's working now, thanks!

Back