diy solar

diy solar

Schneider No Grid Support....

CopperTopper

I am having the exact same issue as others with a XW6848 pro, SCC100-600 and Grid Support Selling. The battery is a fortress e-vault with closed loop comms. This issue has been going on for over a month and I have tried everything and all Schneider does is want to down grade and upgrade the firmware and waste my time. I can not get the solar alone to sell without selling battery power with it. This is with the GSV above 65! I have also had issues with settings not saving when all my devices had the latest firmware. You would literally change a value, save it, wait for it to go from green go back a page or refresh and come back to the page you just adjusted and the original value would be there! This was with InsightLocal and the cloud. Schneiders response was to down grade the current firmware and then install the latest firmware (again, wasting more time to run out the clock) and that fixed the problem for maybe a day. All while trying to get the system to sell power to the grid. I currently have a older firmware version and I am not having issues with settings staying so I am leaving it because the newer versions did not do a damn thing in terms of Grid support and PV selling. I have attached screen shots of this behavior and all my settings that are relevant hoping in desperation someone can help. I have numerous Schneider's in the field that never had issues until this nonsense. Also set Float voltage to grid support voltage and nothing. I have seen and posted this in other threads but it has got ridiculous the time we have put into this

Attachments

• XW Pro Settings.pdf
    540.6 KB · Views: 9
I am having the exact same issue as others with a XW6848 pro, SCC100-600 and Grid Support Selling. The battery is a fortress e-vault with closed loop comms. This issue has been going on for over a month and I have tried everything and all Schneider does is want to down grade and upgrade the firmware and waste my time. I can not get the solar alone to sell without selling battery power with it. This is with the GSV above 65! I have also had issues with settings not saving when all my devices had the latest firmware. You would literally change a value, save it, wait for it to go from green go back a page or refresh and come back to the page you just adjusted and the original value would be there! This was with InsightLocal and the cloud. Schneiders response was to down grade the current firmware and then install the latest firmware (again, wasting more time to run out the clock) and that fixed the problem for maybe a day. All while trying to get the system to sell power to the grid. I currently have a older firmware version and I am not having issues with settings staying so I am leaving it because the newer versions did not do a damn thing in terms of Grid support and PV selling. I have attached screen shots of this behavior and all my settings that are relevant hoping in desperation someone can help. I have numerous Schneider's in the field that never had issues until this nonsense. Also set Float voltage to grid support voltage and nothing. I have seen and posted this in other threads but it has got ridiculous the time we have put into this

So to make sure I understand..

You want to charge the batteries up to 100%, and only sell excess PV?

Do you want to use the batteries at all, or keep them at 100% in case of grid outages?

Personally, I would recommend using the 1.18b41 firmware for your insight device, and 2.04b29 on your XW pro. There are several grid support improvements. In addition to that, I would suggest using insightlocal for configuration over the cloud interface. It has more configurable options (and will likely avoid the "unsaved settings" issue. it'll turn red if it was unable to save for some reason)

Do you have a net metering agreement with your utility (I assume so if you want to sell to the grid).

And do you ever see your battery hit 100% SOC? I notice your grid support voltage is set to 99% which would sell from your battery when it hits 100%.

With your current settings, I would assume your battery charges to 100%, then the enhanced grid support kicks in, but sells from both battery and PV until your battery goes back to 99% SOC. (maybe 98% because of how the XW sells). is this accurate?

So to make sure I understand..

You want to charge the batteries up to 100%, and only sell excess PV?

Do you want to use the batteries at all, or keep them at 100% in case of grid outages?

Personally, I would recommend using the 1.18b41 firmware for your insight device, and 2.04b29 on your XW pro. There are several grid support improvements. In addition to that, I would suggest using insightlocal for configuration over the cloud interface. It has more configurable options (and will likely avoid the "unsaved settings" issue. it'll turn red if it was unable to save for some reason)

Do you have a net metering agreement with your utility (I assume so if you want to sell to the grid).

And do you ever see your battery hit 100% SOC? I notice your grid support voltage is set to 99% which would sell from your battery when it hits 100%.

With your current settings, I would assume your battery charges to 100%, then the enhanced grid support kicks in, but sells from both battery and PV until your battery goes back to 99% SOC. (maybe 98% because of how the XW sells). is this accurate?
Battery charging is the first priority and then selling PV is the second priority. The battery bank is primarily going to be used for power outages but it is understood that it is good to have some discharge periodically. For the time being we are just focusing on the grid support functioning.

the recommended firmware versions in that particular combination might be worth a shot but I am very cautious due to already having 1.18b41 on the insight device and having settings not saving while trying to configure on InsightLocal. The same issue on Insightcloud. The issue was then fixed after downgrading the firmware and thus re-configuring all the settings manually due to the import/export settings not working properly either.
yes there is net metering.

Batteries have hit 100% before but honestly I would like to start selling grid power at around 90% but that is out of the window for the moment to just get functionality out of the system. It is set to 99% per Fortress's integration recommendations (which are hardly useful). Prior to my latest adjustments, the battery would sell with the PV.

I had successfully got the system to export PV power (without selling battery power as well) to the grid on 12/27/23, by lowing the gridsupport float voltage set point to 53.6, while the SCC and XW float voltage is set to 56. There has been some PV selling on the 28th. Despite the mediocre success, It all seems like a waste of potential energy. At the time of this writing, the SCC is utilizing 301Ws of PV on a 6.4KW PV system to push into a battery bank at 99% SOC with a voltage of 54.1 and it is not selling any power. Any advice that I have not tried already would be appreciated. And setting the Grid support float voltage to 65 or greater is useless. It does nothing despite what version of firmware I have had on all of these units.

Battery charging is the first priority and then selling PV is the second priority. The battery bank is primarily going to be used for power outages but it is understood that it is good to have some discharge periodically. For the time being we are just focusing on the grid support functioning.

the recommended firmware versions in that particular combination might be worth a shot but I am very cautious due to already having 1.18b41 on the insight device and having settings not saving while trying to configure on InsightLocal. The same issue on Insightcloud. The issue was then fixed after downgrading the firmware and thus re-configuring all the settings manually due to the import/export settings not working properly either.
yes there is net metering.

Batteries have hit 100% before but honestly I would like to start selling grid power at around 90% but that is out of the window for the moment to just get functionality out of the system. It is set to 99% per Fortress's integration recommendations (which are hardly useful). Prior to my latest adjustments, the battery would sell with the PV.

I had successfully got the system to export PV power (without selling battery power as well) to the grid on 12/27/23, by lowing the gridsupport float voltage set point to 53.6, while the SCC and XW float voltage is set to 56. There has been some PV selling on the 28th. Despite the mediocre success, It all seems like a waste of potential energy. At the time of this writing, the SCC is utilizing 301Ws of PV on a 6.4KW PV system to push into a battery bank at 99% SOC with a voltage of 54.1 and it is not selling any power. Any advice that I have not tried already would be appreciated. And setting the Grid support float voltage to 65 or greater is useless. It does nothing despite what version of firmware I have had on all of these units.
Are you using voltage based, or SOC based settings in the XW pro?

If you are using voltage, I'd switch it to SOC. Then set grid support settings to 52v and 90% SOC.

Set enable peak load shave, and set it to 0 amps. Then set grid sell to enabled, and to 29 amps.

Then finally, make sure grid sell is enabled.

If you are using voltage, I'd switch it to SOC. Then set grid support settings to 52v and 90% SOC.

Set enable peak load shave, and set it to 0 amps. Then set grid sell to enabled, and to 29 amps.

@CopperTopper any word on this, did it work?

SOC based settings have always been the selected option..
grid support at 53.6, I will try tp set to 52 but I am nervous to touch anything at this point because I now have different problems. Grid support has always been at 90% or greater but it does not stop the charging at 90% it does not seem to matter what the grid support SOC% is...
peak load shave has always been set to 0 amps. Grid sell has always been enabled to its max of 27Amp

Not touching a setting (have not adjusted grid support voltage to 52 yet) the inverter has gone into:

DC over-voltage shutdown. Occurs if DC voltage isabove 35 VDC (24 V system) or 70 VDC (48 V system).The fault can occur when batteries are disconnected at theDC breaker while the inverter/charger is operating.Solution: Clear the fault and attempt restart. Make surebattery voltage is below 29 VDC (24 V system) or 58 VDC( 48 V system) at the inverter/charger DC input terminals.Check all other charging source outputs and battery cables.Make sure that batteries are connected or that your DCsource is regulated below your high battery cut out orincrease your Hi Batt Cut Out setting.

None of these fault conditions are reality. But yet it just happens out of the blue. The Cut Out setting is set to 58 but I put up to 61. I would appreciate any insight into this new issue. I have absolutely had it with this piece of garbage. I am about ready to eat are losses and rip this piece of junk out and put in a SolArk..this is me venting. It is to bad because I have numerous Schneider's in the field that have been the most reliable hybrid inverters to date but this is the first Schneider that I have incorporated "insightlocal" and it is the most troublesome thing I have dealt with in 15 years of doing this.

Update your firmware. I know you aren't current because they fixed the text on that alarm on the recent update. And removed that hard written voltages.

The warning sets at 3 volts below your over voltage cut out, I assume, as a warning that you are getting close.

But if you saw the system actually shut down, this is a likely a real issue, you should check your connections. It only needs to be a momentarily high voltage spike to trip that fault.

Back