diy solar

diy solar

Separate Port BMS & Shunt

lynx3ffect

Hi all,

New to the group. I've in the process of deciding where to put my shunt. I have a separate port BMS with the extra negative charge cable. All setups i've seen show the BMS attached to the P- cable, after the BMS. However, I can't seem to find the correct position for a separate port BMS. I've seen a few set ups with the shunt before the BMS, but i'm aware that the BMS low voltage won't active in this arrangement. Without buying a common port BMS, is there a suitable solution?

Regards,

AT

you should think of the BMS/cells as the battery. the shunt attaches to the battery. never bypass the BMS. You can join the two wires (1 for charge, one for discharge) to the same point as shown (charge and loads would attach to right side of shunt):

1651005607943.png

It's where the wires attach to the BMS that do the magic, not the wires themselves.

you should think of the BMS/cells as the battery. the shunt attaches to the battery. never bypass the BMS. You can join the two wires (1 for charge, one for discharge) to the same point as shown (charge and loads would attach to right side of shunt):

View attachment 92719

It's where the wires attach to the BMS that do the magic, not the wires themselves.
Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, am I essentially joining the two wires, P- and C-?

Back