diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Hi all. Im looking on google and can find answer. Have DEYE 3 phase hybrid invertor + seplos mason with 280ah EVE cells. CAN communication and all in default. After charge to 100 percent during the day and sun power is more as for house so I have feeding to grid, even that it starts to discharge battery with around 2,5 amps until 97% SOC, it takes about 3 hours, then it charge again to 100%...and again go to 97%SOC.... In my case battery is never in state of idle....

When there is not enough power from sun it discharge battery properly to cover the house.

Please is this normal, or is this problem of deye invertor or seplos bms?

this is Im talking about - 153wats / 2,5 amps is going out from batt after fully charged.... even house don't need it...
1687265903194.png

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all. Im looking on google and can find answer. Have DEYE 3 phase hybrid invertor + seplos mason with 280ah EVE cells. CAN communication and all in default. After charge to 100 percent during the day and sun power is more as for house so I have feeding to grid, even that it starts to discharge battery with around 2,5 amps until 97% SOC, it takes about 3 hours, then it charge again to 100%...and again go to 97%SOC.... In my case battery is never in state of idle....

When there is not enough power from sun it discharge battery properly to cover the house.

Please is this normal, or is this problem of deye invertor or seplos bms?

this is Im talking about - 153wats / 2,5 amps is going out from batt after fully charged.... even house don't need it...
View attachment 153652

Thanks
this is normal.
seplos does micro cycling after a full charge down tot (default) 96%.
this is to make sure cells do not stay a too high of a voltage, and it is helping the cell balancing too

this is normal.
seplos does micro cycling after a full charge down tot (default) 96%.
this is to make sure cells do not stay a too high of a voltage, and it is helping the cell balancing too
Interesting. After finishing up the build on my racks, I finally added my 280 Masons to the busbars. The 135ah's started charging the 280's (they were added at 80%) to balance them out. After a couple hours the 280's then began charging the 135's. Back and forth. I turned off the inverters, but left the Raspberry Pi on to see what was going on. All the batteries show charging on the panel lights now. Weird. Seems the 280's are powering the Raspberry at about 34W, and the 135's are then recharging the 280's. I need to look into this in more depth.

Interesting. After finishing up the build on my racks, I finally added my 280 Masons to the busbars. The 135ah's started charging the 280's (they were added at 80%) to balance them out. After a couple hours the 280's then began charging the 135's. Back and forth. I turned off the inverters, but left the Raspberry Pi on to see what was going on. All the batteries show charging on the panel lights now. Weird. Seems the 280's are powering the Raspberry at about 34W, and the 135's are then recharging the 280's. I need to look into this in more depth.
i think they are balancing themselves out..

Yup. All at 0 watts this morning except one supplying the Raspberry Pi buck converter energy.
I dont want to use comms with my inverters, as I dont trust these new MPP LVX6048WP units yet. The firmware and settings are kludgy at best, and the manual is abysmal. I am using solar assistant to monitor the Seplos BMS's. (I also have a Victron shunt, but solar assistant can not take input from both the BMS and the shunt. Its one or the other.

I am thinking that in order to sync all the paralleled BMS's to report the same SOC at the same voltage, I need to trip each of them to 100% by exceeding 3.65V on at least one cell in each battery.

Has anyone figured out a better way to do that yet?
1687443668807.png

I dont want to use comms with my inverters, as I dont trust these new MPP LVX6048WP units yet. The firmware and settings are kludgy at best, and the manual is abysmal. I am using solar assistant to monitor the Seplos BMS's. (I also have a Victron shunt, but solar assistant can not take input from both the BMS and the shunt. Its one or the other.

I am thinking that in order to sync all the paralleled BMS's to report the same SOC at the same voltage, I need to trip each of them to 100% by exceeding 3.65V on at least one cell in each battery.

Has anyone figured out a better way to do that yet?
View attachment 153930
afraid that is the only way i know how to

Sparksfly30, mine is RHI inverter. This connects no problem with Seplos 10E BMS, either using GINL on BMS and user defined on inverter or SMA / AoBo.
I called Solis support yesterday after getting nowhere with raising tickets about the failure to discharge the battery once fully charged and they admitted there was an issue with battery control in the version of firmware when mine was built last year.
They did a remote firmware update and all seems to work now, so may be worth calling them.
Hi, do you think Seplose 10E can also work with Solis S6EH1P6KL? Sorry, I'm just starting to dig some information. What the S6 Solis requires is that the CAN H should be on pin4 and CAN L on pin 5. I believe RHI also follows the same pin out. I just need to figure out what battery type setting does the S6 need to be set to. Does RHI have a Pylontech battery type setting? Cause S6 has it and I'm wondering if it could work?

Hi,

What error do you get? I get a OV-Vbatt-H when it hits 100% charge, but up to now have ignored it as it clears and seems to have no effect.

What settings do you have set? I am using ginl on the bms and pylon on the inverter. All others seemed to give batt name errors.

Anyway it was working fine for me this past week, but I have lowered my settings for monomer and total pack voltages and now I get the reduced 10a charge, even below the alarm levels. My overvoltage alarm is 54v and the alarm is present even at 53.5v. I'm going to firmware upgrade to 16.06.3.

Mike
Hi, may I ask for the board revision of your Seplos BMS? Is it 10E? Thanks

Not necessary. First - it is no 3.65V, but some of the protection voltages. If you set it to 3.5V the BMS will disconnect the charging path to 3.5V and set the SOC to 100%.

And second - if you don't insist on 100%, but you are OK with all BMSes at 98.2% - you can get to that point without tripping the overvoltage protection. Once you reach the warning voltage thresholds the BMS will set the SOC to 98.2%. At least the 10E does it.

Not necessary. First - it is no 3.65V, but some of the protection voltages. If you set it to 3.5V the BMS will disconnect the charging path to 3.5V and set the SOC to 100%.

And second - if you don't insist on 100%, but you are OK with all BMSes at 98.2% - you can get to that point without tripping the overvoltage protection. Once you reach the warning voltage thresholds the BMS will set the SOC to 98.2%. At least the 10E does it.
So you are setting bulk or float to 3.5? Or just cell OVP?

Here is an example:
BMS warning voltages set to 3.45V per cell and 55.2V total.
BMS protection voltages set to 3.6V per cell and 56V total. Disable the total voltage protection switch on the right.
Charger float voltage - 54.4V, charger bulk - 56V. Give it a try and share the results.

i built the battery which is charged to 57.7v but the over voltage protection on seplos kicked in and inverter wont get draw because i believe the seplos has stepped on protecting battery what do i need to do about this please

i built the battery which is charged to 57.7v but the over voltage protection on seplos kicked in and inverter wont get draw because i believe the seplos has stepped on protecting battery what do i need to do about this please
the protection only enables charge protection, but still allows discharge..
most be something else set

What warnings are displaying as Y on the front panel of the BMS and Inverter?

The inverter may be getting in some failure mode due to that protection. Provide both the errors of the inverter and of the BMS.

Charging to 57.7 doesn't make much sense. Keep total charge voltage around 55.2-56 volts. Above that it doesn't bring benefits and only increases the risk of the BMS protection kicking in.

Does anyone know why my inverter keep charging in constant voltage mode even after reactivating the alarms?

1688105313136.png
1688105321834.png
1688105366563.png

Hi guys.
I am poking around and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong with my 10e BMSes.

I have 2 150A 10e packs connected in parallel to deye inverter with CAN.
Pack 00 dip switch 5 on
Pack 01 dip switch 1 on.
Looks like almost all working ok now, but I cannot connect to pack01(slave). Even with Bluetooth.

I heard that in can mode the second pack becomes unavailable for PC software, but for previous revisions. For 10e the same? Or I have incorrect connection and dip switches?

Also, why it is not available even though Bluetooth app?
It shows that i have 2 packs and two online. But when I trying to connect pack 01 it sows it with red dot (unavailable).
IMG_3568.pngIMG_3567.png

Hello,

I do not know what I'm doing wrong. But that doesn't look right to me.
My Victrons or the Seplos BMS does not charge my battery as I would like it to.

As can be seen in the graph, the charging power increases up to 100A and then drops down to 10A. This continues until the battery is fully charged.

Since the passive balancing of the Seplos can't keep up, I set the value "Monometer overvoltage protection" to 3,500 V in the Seplos. Otherwise one cell would constantly rise to 3,650 V while other cells are at around 3,400 V.

Anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

1688629200772.png

Back