diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

U14, U12 is missing on 10D but has OP5, R101 R100, R99

Last edited:
U14, U12 is missing on 10D but has OP5, R101 R100, R99
If it was a few components to be added and/or removed from the board and the firmware was available to convert to RS485 I'd jump on that.

Oh and just spotted another additional chip U20 ? and C75 on the other side on 10D.

We would certainly need the input of Seplos to determine the feasibility of this. If it is possible we would need part numbers, values etc..
A different path than I was looking for but if the board rework isn't crazy and the components are easily available I'd do it.

We would certainly need the input of Seplos to determine the feasibility of this. If it is possible we would need part numbers, values etc..
A different path than I was looking for but if the board rework isn't crazy and the components are easily available I'd do it.
as has been mentioned multiple times now..
Seplos already mentioned that in order to support the RS486 on the inverter port , and the availability of the RM485 protocol ( Seplos's implementation of the Pylontech protocol) a board replacement is required.
If they grand a swap out, i don't know

The RS485 firmware is in the firmware on the website. I was just looking to see if the boards were different. You had said before that they were the same when I asked you in the other thread. The pcb looks to be the same but how they are populated by chips is different. I' m pretty certain they still supply the RS485 boards but you have specifically request them.

Last edited:
as has been mentioned multiple times now..
Seplos already mentioned that in order to support the RS486 on the inverter port , and the availability of the RM485 protocol ( Seplos's implementation of the Pylontech protocol) a board replacement is required.
If they grand a swap out, i don't know
They do not to us normal folk. I was told to order new version BMS's for RS485 comms functionality, and sell my old BMS's. I am hoping to try to daisy chain the two versions, with the RS485 version as the master. Fingers crossed.

They do not to us normal folk. I was told to order new version BMS's for RS485 comms functionality, and sell my old BMS's. I am hoping to try to daisy chain the two versions, with the RS485 version as the master. Fingers crossed.
should work, may test just that over the weekend, but looking forward to your test results, so good luck

Ok, so after a full week of top balancing the Seplos cells, I finally started the last part of building the batteries, by installing the cells, and tightening all connections, then powering it up. I freaking love these batteries, I was concerned about loose terminals since 6NM is a fairly low tension, but the fact that the BMS senses the temperature directly from the terminals at four different locations eased my mind. I really like how the temp sensors are built in, and there is no need to tape anything. Having a built in status display on the battery for volts, temps, capacity remaining is also very nice.
I did notice that unlike my JK BMS, the Seplos BMS monitors both positive and negative terminals. I assume that is due to the ability for the BMS's to connect together and intelligently load share, so voltage and current sensing across packs is required.
Cannot wait to get the 280ah kits in, so I can connect all seven batteries together in parallel using the Seplos JASSN busbars.
It will be interesting to see if and how 135ah banks and 280ah banks will work together once loads and charging are applied. I may need to sport for the larger 16 port JASSN bus bars, since I am planning to add two additional MPP Inverters once I move south. I think 1380AH should do it?

Attachments

• 20220320_124333.jpg
    20220320_124333.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20220318_153906.jpg
    20220318_153906.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220317_095244.jpg
    20220317_095244.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220317_095230.jpg
    20220317_095230.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220317_094934.jpg
    20220317_094934.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 107
Ok, so after a full week of top balancing the Seplos cells, I finally started the last part of building the batteries, by installing the cells, and tightening all connections, then powering it up. I freaking love these batteries, I was concerned about loose terminals since 6NM is a fairly low tension, but the fact that the BMS senses the temperature directly from the terminals at four different locations eased my mind. I really like how the temp sensors are built in, and there is no need to tape anything. Having a built in status display on the battery for volts, temps, capacity remaining is also very nice.
I did notice that unlike my JK BMS, the Seplos BMS monitors both positive and negative terminals. I assume that is due to the ability for the BMS's to connect together and intelligently load share, so voltage and current sensing across packs is required.
Cannot wait to get the 280ah kits in, so I can connect all seven batteries together in parallel using the Seplos JASSN busbars.
It will be interesting to see if and how 135ah banks and 280ah banks will work together once loads and charging are applied. I may need to sport for the larger 16 port JASSN bus bars, since I am planning to add two additional MPP Inverters once I move south. I think 1380AH should do it?
Oh, and on another note, the yellow 3M fiberboard, cell Isolation padding, nice round top busbars, and metal frame enclosure provide vibration dampening and plenty of compression on the cells, so much so that I believe these could be well used in a mobile use case.

I’m looking to make a lipo battery 48v using this BMS, will this work with a Solax Su5000? I understand that pylontech batts work with this inverter.. what flavour would I need to buy? The Canbus or rs485? Thanks in advance

I’m looking to make a lipo battery 48v using this BMS, will this work with a Solax Su5000? I understand that pylontech batts work with this inverter.. what flavour would I need to buy? The Canbus or rs485? Thanks in advance
I have no experience with Solax. Ask them if they use CANbus or RS485 to communicate with batteries.

Gonna need more info than that bud.
Yup. I got three battery packs from Rosen and two of the seplos failed due to the bad diode and they sent me all replacement and even a spare for the third unit. Suggest you talk to Link at Seplos. Dm me for contact info if you would like and just to mention I am way in Jamaica. And it was sent at no cost to me except local charges.

Back