diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Is there any way to use the passive balancer to sort the cells out if the charge is kept slow enough.

Yes. But since it is like 100mA discharge you'll need 10 hours for each Ah difference. It will take forever :) .

Did you balancer your cells before assembling? Can you post a few pictures of your battery?

The BMS can not handle situation with totally unbalanced cells. You are supposed to balance them before assembling the pack.

Easiest solution to do it without disassembling the pack is to turn off the BMS and charge each cell up to 3.65V with power supply. Stop charging once current drops below 1A.

Based on the fact that you skipped a major step in the battery assembly process I suppose more issues will become obvious once you upload pictures. It may be more appropriate to start a separate topic to fix your issues.

The BMS can not handle situation with totally unbalanced cells. You are supposed to balance them before assembling the pack.

Easiest solution to do it without disassembling the pack is to turn off the BMS and charge each cell up to 3.65V with power supply. Stop charging once current drops below 1A.

Based on the fact that you skipped a major step in the battery assembly process I suppose more issues will become obvious once you upload pictures. It may be more appropriate to start a separate topic to fix your issues.
Or, add a 4a active balancer like the neey ( which is what I standard add to every Mason box I use).

Well update on what I did today. I have reattached the seplos BMS. I turned the rated capacity to 350ah and the aoc was set to 50ah to give me loads of room. I set the Solis inverter to user define profile and had the max charge low about 12amp after a while I slowly increased that got it up to 18amps. I have pushed around 5kw into the battery.

I have stopped the charge at present .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-04-22-02-06-78_5469092be56f9ada927c01ffe6f31705.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-04-22-02-06-78_5469092be56f9ada927c01ffe6f31705.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 20
I noticed that there are slight differences in "Part model" from different V16/10E BMS.
While the bms' in all of my Seplos Mason DIY 200A are named "1101-76SP" I see that in (almost similar) EEL boxes they use "1101-LN12".

Any idea what's the difference?

BTW: Off course this can be easily changed by setting the name via battery monitor software.

Does anyone know if seplos has a change log for bms firmware updates?
I have not found one from Seplos, but Andy at "off grid garage" youtube channel has tested them and documented the differences. I believe he also has a downloadable spreadsheet on his website.

on their site they mention:
3. Compatible inverters:

• Victron
  • Growatt
  • Goodwe
  • SMA
  • Pylontech
  • Luxpower
  • Sofar solar
  • Deye
  • Sermatec
  • Fox ESS
  • Victronic power
  • Renac

So I think it should work, but i will contact them for an example, thx for the advice.
I have a fox ess but fox are saying it can only use their batteries has anyone setup a fox ess with a seplos box?

Hi Everyone, only my 2nd post. Just installed my growatt spf5000 es inverter and a seplos mason 280L vertical Battery with 305Ah Batteries.

Having a bit of a problem and found out that the communication between the Seplos BMS & The growatt has a pair of cores round the wrong way, Would this cause many problems or ? I am going to make up a new cable so that. both the BMS & Inverter have the same port orientation .

First time charging and as close as I could get. it to 100% was 99.2% SOC which was around 54V.

Correct me if im wrong but that isnt a fully charged battery is it ?? Should it not be at least 56v ?

Also within the growatt perimeters I changed the DC Low Voltage cutout to 5% and same on the battery, However it. seemed to cut out. at 48V Which again correct me if im wrong is more than 5% SOC is it not ???

Or has the above happened (Cutting out. prematurely) because the BMS needs to calculate the correct SOC with the discharge and re-charge ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I need some help please. Hopefully @houseofancients or someone can help.
I have an 8K sunsynk/deye inverter with a CAN and RS485 bms port.
CAN port is connected to the seplos BMS. RS485 port to solar assistant.
I have now paralleled 2 seplos BMS and to get the inverter to read the bms's I have to set master bms dip 5 on and slave bms dip 1 on.
Problem now is I cannot use the RS485 on the bms to connect to solar assistant.
I don't see much battery info in solar assistant. Only what it receives from the inverter.
Is there a way around this?

I have now paralleled 2 seplos BMS and to get the inverter to read the bms's I have to set master bms dip 5 on and slave bms dip 1 on.
I don't see much battery info in solar assistant. Only what it receives from the inverter.
Afraid not ..
Once a master canbus is selected , that battery will no longer register in the rs485.
According to seplos, a master cannot be both rs485 and CANBUS and still do the required calculations.

You should be able to see your second battery though ( I see mine, except the master)...
You will find the complete stack info in your inverter, and selecting the custom layout in the app you can see that.

However..
A another users with a sunsynk and seplos, simply connected the inverter to the rs485 port and set the inverter to rs485.
Not only did he see the BMS info, but that could potentially fix this not so great "feature"
I have yet to test this though... Life kind of got in the way

SA wants dip 1 on for Seplos, but has issues if the BMS is also connected to the inverter. So its either through the inverter, or just direct to the BMS with dip 1 on.

From SA site:
"If your inverter is already reading your battery via CAN, then it's not readable via RS485 at the same time because the master battery dip switch will be set to CAN. This dip switch makes the master itself not readable via RS485 and the master then occupies the RS485 cables for communication with the slave batteries".

Back