diy solar

diy solar

Server Rack LiFePO4 batteries. Where to find UK stock?

Genuine question. Why would you buy one of these over a Pylontech US5000 which is only around £150 more for the same capacity?
I think you answered your own question. £150 is a lot of money. If the quality is not a lot different then the question becomes why spend the extra?

Genuine question. Why would you buy one of these over a Pylontech US5000 which is only around £150 more for the same capacity?

One answer is that if you DIY Pylontech you havre no warranty

I think you answered your own question. £150 is a lot of money. If the quality is not a lot different then the question becomes why spend the extra?

Not really. If Pylontech's quality and inverter support was superior I would gladly pay the extra £150, possibly more to save the headaches and for the extra functionality.

That's why I asked, it wasn't a loaded question, I was genuinely curious.

One answer is that if you DIY Pylontech you havre no warranty

I did see those threads after asking the question.Was a surprising read given Pylontech's ubiquitousness. I would have expected better.

I did see those threads after asking the question.Was a surprising read given Pylontech's ubiquitousness. I would have expected better.
5. Exclusions of Warranty To the extent permitted by law, Pylontech excludes all liability for the Product to the extent that any damage or defect has been caused or contributed to by the following:

6. Storage, installation, commissioning, modification or repair of the Product that has been performed by a person other than Pylontech or a Pylontech’s certified installer

Quick update.
Victron MultiplusII-GX and 3 x US5000 Pylontech batteries installed and running as of 4th May 2023.
Just waiting for a console cable for the Pylontech batteries so that I can get individual information from each battery, as the Victron sees the batteries as a single storage unit, then I can feed this information into my Home assistant setup.
I have imported 3.5kWh from the grid since that time, so quite happy with the results so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3378.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 14
Quick update.
Victron MultiplusII-GX and 3 x US5000 Pylontech batteries installed and running as of 4th May 2023.
Just waiting for a console cable for the Pylontech batteries so that I can get individual information from each battery, as the Victron sees the batteries as a single storage unit, then I can feed this information into my Home assistant setup.
I have imported 3.5kWh from the grid since that time, so quite happy with the results so far.
Where did you buy the server rack?
Also do you have solar or just batteries?

Not really. If Pylontech's quality and inverter support was superior I would gladly pay the extra £150, possibly more to save the headaches and for the extra functionality.

That's why I asked, it wasn't a loaded question, I was genuinely curious.
Don't forget also that the Pylontech US5000 is only 15 cell and hence 4.8kWh, rather than most other 16 cell / 5.1kWh battery racks

Quick update.
Pylontech Console cable now installed. I can now get data from each battery and cell individually. This is achieved by connecting from a USB port on my thin client running Home Assistant, and using Node Red (in Home Assistant) to carry out all of the communications/logic then using MQTT to send the data back to Home Assistant.

Have currently got my system configured so that I force discharge my batteries from 16:00 - 19:00 (limiting to 25% of the stored capacity) - to take advantage of the premium rates paid for exported Electricty at that time, then via the Victron inverter schedule a charging of the batteries from 02:00 - 05:00 to capitalise on the cheaper priced Electricty import rates.

Still early days with my configuration, so no doubt a few tweaks here and there to get things working how they should. All in all happy so far.

For the period 16th May - 6th June I imported 1.1kWh of Electricity from the grid as I was using stored electricity during the periods when solar was not available. My usage profile will probably change as I take advantage of the premium rates paid for exported electricity and the reduced rates for consuming electricty within certain timeframes.

Still awaiting order completion frogstar server rack battery's - battery look good build but as to how bms work each outer and the Victron system will have to be a later up date as all cables are missing from the order made back April 2023 and cap it all mist the G99 test date with dno so may not paper work this year dno think you time wasting we now in dog house with them

One of my Pylontechs has developed a fault, I think it's a problem with the BMS board but sourcing a new one is proving pretty much impossible.
I still have 3 good Pylontechs so reluctant to part with them but Fogstar/Seplos sound like good value and quality.
My question is, has anyone tried mixing Seplos with Pylontech ?

Pylontech is 15s, seplos 16s..

Slightly different voltages.
I suppose if you hook them up to a busbar, it should be fine as the bms's will protect the batteries I suppose, don't expect them to communicate with eachother

Pylontech is 15s, seplos 16s..

Slightly different voltages.
I suppose if you hook them up to a busbar, it should be fine as the bms's will protect the batteries I suppose, don't expect them to communicate with eachother
Thanks for that.
I guess it's a no go if they won't communicate with each other.
I have a faulty Pylontech and was thinking of replacing it with one of the new 5.12kwh Fogstar rack batteries.

Back