diy solar

diy solar

Shelly Uni

Oldphile

Solar Enthusiast
I need to remote monitor DC voltage with data logging. Does the Shelly Uni do this? TIGO is stating that optimizers are going off line due to my RSD setup.

Attachments

• TIGO schematic.png
    TIGO schematic.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 3
What’s the measured voltage drop across that SSR? Putting a high impedance in line with your RSD switch might make it look like an open circuit, which would indeed shut everything down.

What’s the actual setup and the actual problem you are experiencing?

I haven't measured it, but I'm well within the SSR specs. The problem is random arc faults reported by the Sol-Ark. The arc faults are always preceded by the TIGO optimizers not reporting any data for 5 minutes. I have TIGO premium monitoring with 1 minute sampling. TIGO is implying that the CCA is powered off taking the optimizers off line. I want to monitor voltage to the CCA to see if this is the case.

I only get 1 or 2 faults per week. I can't see the SSR being the cause.

I also had one instance this week when PV power plummeted to zero after 5 minutes of TIGO not reporting (off line) and Sol-Ark did not report an arc fault. In the attachment, TIGO didn't report between 1:03 and 1:08

Attachments

• TIGO030624.png
    TIGO030624.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 0
Also having issues with arc faults on a SolArk 15k with TIGO optimizers. I had a fault tonight at 7:30. Sunset was around 6...

To me that's not the optimizers nor a real arc fault. That's an issue entirely with SolArk.

I've also had afterhours arc faults
2024-02-26 17:06:20
2024-02-12 22:32:09
I live in a rural area without any streetlights. Nearest lighting is someone's porch light 500' away.
I submitted a support ticket for these and got no response.

I've also had afterhours arc faults
2024-02-26 17:06:20
2024-02-12 22:32:09
I live in a rural area without any streetlights. Nearest lighting is someone's porch light 500' away.
I submitted a support ticket for these and got no response.
If you are getting arc faults at night, check your AC connections. Mine worked themselves loose and burned up a wire because I ignored spurious arc fault errors. Now I have a yearly reminder to tighten all the connections.

If you are getting arc faults at night, check your AC connections. Mine worked themselves loose and burned up a wire because I ignored spurious arc fault errors. Now I have a yearly reminder to tighten all the connections.
Thanks. I didn't know the arc fault detection was for AC also.

I had a really bad fault day yesterday. 12 events, one reported as an arc fault. After the arc fault I turned it off. I'm lost. TIGO dismisses it. Sol-Ark is no help. I've gone back to the installer. They can either come out here and find the fault or fight with TIGO and Sol-Ark.
TIGO030824.png

Back