diy solar

diy solar

Shop solar kits

Claveman

I am new to solar. I've watched a lot of videos and my interest has grown. I've researched quit a few components. My question is, does anyone have a view on shopsolarkits.com kits?

It’s my opinion that to do the proper install you really need to hand pick the items yourself according to your exact needs rather than a one size fits all kit by the time you get done putting the kits together you have learned every detail of every part, better to learn that ahead of time and get the exact correct parts. I think in the long run it will be cheaper and certainly better. As far as the company itself I have no opinion as I have never ordered from them but I am not too impressed with the lack of information they cary about the components that they’re selling. All I see are the external specs and the brands name. I would be loath to spend that amount of money without knowing exactly the specs of every component.

Agree 100%. In fact, someone else was looking at a kit just yesterday, and I priced out hand-picked alteratives that were higher quality, and a thousand dollars cheaper.

I am new to solar. I've watched a lot of videos and my interest has grown. I've researched quit a few components. My question is, does anyone have a view on shopsolarkits.com kits?
I bought a kit from them to run my well pump and it works good. It was a basic kit with 400 watts of panels and an mppt controller with all the wiring and fuses. Two 200Ah batteries and a 4000 watt split phase AIMS inverter. Everything came as promised except I was supposed to get 4/0 AWG and they sent me 1/0 AWG for the batteries and 2/0 AWG for the inverter. After going back and forth they credited me some of my money back and I got the Proper cables myself. At the time I could have beaten the price of their kit, but not by much. In the end they did make it right and I was okay with that. Service means a lot these days and I would buy from them again if the price was right. Everything was brand new and undamaged when it arrived at my house also. I have since added another battery and more solar to this kit myself because...why not! lol

It’s my opinion that to do the proper install you really need to hand pick the items yourself according to your exact needs rather than a one size fits all kit by the time you get done putting the kits together you have learned every detail of every part, better to learn that ahead of time and get the exact correct parts. I think in the long run it will be cheaper and certainly better. As far as the company itself I have no opinion as I have never ordered from them but I am not too impressed with the lack of information they cary about the components that they’re selling. All I see are the external specs and the brands name. I would be loath to spend that amount of money without knowing exactly the specs of every component.
Thanks. That was the direction I was leaming.

I bought a kit from them to run my well pump and it works good. It was a basic kit with 400 watts of panels and an mppt controller with all the wiring and fuses. Two 200Ah batteries and a 4000 watt split phase AIMS inverter. Everything came as promised except I was supposed to get 4/0 AWG and they sent me 1/0 AWG for the batteries and 2/0 AWG for the inverter. After going back and forth they credited me some of my money back and I got the Proper cables myself. At the time I could have beaten the price of their kit, but not by much. In the end they did make it right and I was okay with that. Service means a lot these days and I would buy from them again if the price was right. Everything was brand new and undamaged when it arrived at my house also. I have since added another battery and more solar to this kit myself because...why not! lol
Thank you for your feedback.

Back