diy solar

diy solar

Should I buy b grade sells from gobel or buy from gwl ?

gmakhs

I need a new bank of lifepo, I was considering to buy Winston cells from gwl but recently I found those ones : https://www.gobelpower.com/eu-stock-eve-32v-280ah-rechargeable-lifepo4-battery-cell_p95.html#1

They seem grade and at 1 discharge and 2 peak they should be able to run my motors for short term 1 Motor is 1 kw and run for about 10 min, the other is 3 kw with a max runtime 2 min .

I wonder if it worth to buy 4 or even 8 b grade eves over the Winston cells and get more capacity ?
Should I expect 2000 cycles from those cells ?

The motors will be connected directly on the cells and a BMS will control a remote switch and the charge - balance .
What do you think ? Am I expecting too much ?

With B grade cells (and most cells claimed to be A grade, too), you really can't tell what the quality is like until you receive them. If you look across this forum, there's plenty of people who have bought B grade LF280Ks and been completely happy with them, and just as many who have been disappointed.
Doing your research and buying from a reputable seller will improve your chances at getting good cells.

Regarding your load, it depends on how you intend to configure your cells. If you're proposing a 4S (12V) configuration running 3kW you'd be pulling about 235 amps, which would be pushing your cells (and probably your wiring and BMS) to their bleeding limits. I wouldn't be comfortable with this in any normal setup.

With B grade cells (and most cells claimed to be A grade, too), you really can't tell what the quality is like until you receive them. If you look across this forum, there's plenty of people who have bought B grade LF280Ks and been completely happy with them, and just as many who have been disappointed.
Doing your research and buying from a reputable seller will improve your chances at getting good cells.

Regarding your load, it depends on how you intend to configure your cells. If you're proposing a 4S (12V) configuration running 3kW you'd be pulling about 235 amps, which would be pushing your cells (and probably your wiring and BMS) to their bleeding limits. I wouldn't be comfortable with this in any normal setup.
So you recomend io should keep the Lead acid for that job?

So you recomend io should keep the Lead acid for that job?
LiFePO4 are good for moderate current and high storage capacity. Flooded lead acid are good for high current and moderate storage capacity.
It seems your load demands high current and not much storage capacity, so yes, flooded lead acid is well suited.

Ok, then I will just add a second battery for service loads and keep the lead acid for the motors .

Back