diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar BMS Test Software Not Responding

Dralkyr

One of my Lifepower4 batteries isn't turning on, so Signature Solar told me to run the BMS software from my computer. I have it downloaded and extracted and found my correct port to use. I have the CAT - USB cable plugged into my 0 battery and the other batteries all plugged into the RS485 ports as they should. When I open the software I select the correct port then Connect and it flashes "Port opened successfully." Then as soon as I go to the BatInfo page the program crashes into (Not Responding). What can I do?

Exactly what battery and what BMS software did you download?
Are you using the SS Supplied cable?

You need to be specific on the battery model numbers and software. There are lots of SS batteries and several different versions of the software.

I want to learn about options to read a JK BMS (2A active /200 amp ) and adjust specific settings over a remote Internet connection. Might need a different BMS? ... also wondering what specific PC software can be used for that? I know some higher end experienced techs can do this. Any clues for my future study arena will be appreciated. ???⛵?

I have the CAT - USB cable plugged into my 0 battery
You may want to try this...(it's the process for updating firmware.)
Disconnect the communication cables from your batteries (you may need to shutdown the inverter as you'll get an error.)
Reset the one battery DIP switches to 0 and connect the cable. Power on the battery and load the BMS software to see if you can communicate with just the one.

Back