diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar should I even bother

I placed an order with Signature Solar last week for a Growatt 12k LF inverter along with 4 rack mount batteries and a rack. Hopefully the 12k doesn't have the same issues as this guys smaller inverters, but from what I have seen on Youtube so far, the 12k units appear to be pretty robust. The one I purchased is for emergency backup power only (no solar), so it won't see much use. It will compliment my Honda inverter generator. I just want everything to be delivered in good condition and hopefully I will never need technical support or after sales support for many, many years. It is promising to see that Ben is available on these forums and he clearly tries his best to clarify and address some of the issues. Hopefully SS is just experiencing growing pains, which makes dealing with manufacturing issues and field tech support requests delayed.

From a new customer's perspective, thank you Ben for at least being available and responsive to the DIY forum and community. A thankless job no doubt.

Tried to scan over the thread but I would say yes. The prices are great and they do provide support and assistance. I have been honest about past issues in my thread but none were near a point that I would not continue working with SS. Ben has been very helpful as well and is a great asset on the forums for SS.

I placed an order with Signature Solar last week for a Growatt 12k LF inverter along with 4 rack mount batteries and a rack. Hopefully the 12k doesn't have the same issues as this guys smaller inverters, but from what I have seen on Youtube so far, the 12k units appear to be pretty robust. The one I purchased is for emergency backup power only (no solar), so it won't see much use. It will compliment my Honda inverter generator. I just want everything to be delivered in good condition and hopefully I will never need technical support or after sales support for many, many years. It is promising to see that Ben is available on these forums and he clearly tries his best to clarify and address some of the issues. Hopefully SS is just experiencing growing pains, which makes dealing with manufacturing issues and field tech support requests delayed.

From a new customer's perspective, thank you Ben for at least being available and responsive to the DIY forum and community. A thankless job no doubt.
My two 12k units have been awesome so far, run them for hours at 9k+ loads.

We are actually working on something very similar to that. Goal is to be able to filter calls and emails to the correct person the first time. One of the big issues that we have is that if someone is needing help they will send an email to every email address that they can find that ends in signaturesolar.com. We're trying to identify the customers needs through a single point of contact that will keep requests going to the correct inboxes and phone queues. There should be a version of this out by the end of January.
Service now ticket system ..for example can use tags. So, if I put in a ticket for a inverter I can tag it with solark or outback etc. The system then routes the ticket to the correct team defined in the configuration and emails the team and client each time the ticket is updated. You can set timers on tickets so they flag on your side to let you know they need a update. You can tie this into voip and live chat.

You know, Schneider handles their own RMA's. We are happy to trouble shoot Schneider, but if you need a replacement, they will take care of it directly. But then again, it's Schneider so it isn't that likely that you would need to replace it for 20+ years.
So do you guys allow local pickup? And, question if this is correct; Is it really $800 for a delivery? You'r price is better than most but with that delivery fee it's the same. I'm assuming if you allow local pickup it would be $3,215?

1672778088242.png

Back