diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar should I even bother

Oh you boys are so naughty.:ROFLMAO:
240v inverter/transformer dangerous info and false tracking info, no one is too concerned.....OK.:unsure:

Oh you boys are so naughty.:ROFLMAO:
240v inverter/transformer dangerous info and false tracking info, no one is too concerned.....OK.:unsure:

"false tracking info"
Tell us all about this, did this happen to you? Or just trying to amplify somebody else's post that has already been addressed?

I wouldn't suggest that anybody learn how to do electrical wiring from signature solar, and if you read their site, they don't suggest it either. But I can see how you would get sad, being confused on a point like that.

They were a silly startup a year ago, but now they're selling brands that I already buy. I'm not going to ignore them if they can sell me a high quality inverter that saves me $300 each time and carries the exact same manufacturer warranty from a Tier 1 inverter maker as the people who want to mark it up.

They were a silly startup a year ago, but now they're selling brands that I already buy. I'm not going to ignore them if they can sell me a high quality inverter that saves me $300 each time and carries the exact same manufacturer warranty from a Tier 1 inverter maker as the people who want to mark it up.
l I don't know where you get your info from but those EG4 Inverters have a 3 Year Warranty. Most Teir1 Inverters have a 10 Year warranty.

I'm not sure of very many off brand inverters that are even more than 1 year? Let alone 10 years!

I'm not talking about EG4 inverters. Nice try little buddy.
Don't be condescending... elaborate if you're speaking of something else.

Has the manufacturer you're speaking explicitly stated that they will honor their warranty on their products purchased through Signature Solar? Companies can be 'funny' about this stuff.

...and FWIW, I ordered from Signature Solar recently. Growatt SPF 3000TL + 1x 48V 5.1kWh LifePower4 rackmount battery. Everything went well enough - received it all in good/working and new condition. It took a bit to actually send it out, but that's palletized freight for you... plus the holidays.

Signature's tracking info was more prompt/accurate than I got for my panels through SanTan Solar.

SanTan sent a tracking code, but it never worked. I reached out to ask for an update / tell them the tracking code still wasn't working after over a week, only to get a call from the carrier like an hour later that it's ready for pickup at the freight depot.

Both shipments arrived within 2 weeks. Only time will tell if 1. Everything works gracefully together, 2. I'll ever need warranty support & if it's honored... 3. If all 5 of the panels I ordered work - but so far so good (continuous overcast preventing testing of more than one so far).

Last edited:
I might be critical here in some of my posts in regard to Signatures technical support because it simply sucks but we all know that. I went around in circles with Derek over an issue with my inverter randomly not charging when the sun came up. After getting nowhere over several days of occasional emails(it took days to get a response), I finally contacted the manufacturer and was promptly sent new firmware that fixed the problem.

On the sales side of things, I have purchased almost my entire setup with them and had absolutely no issues. Good communication of shipping status, promptly sent tracking info and everything was well packed on pallets. I do have a minor issue with two of the Lifepower4 batteries BMS's being out of whack and I'm sure its just a simple calibration issue, but I just don't have the time to play "someone might have a clue, but probably not" on the phone right now. I did send Derek an email about it and in typical SS fashion, I never got a response.

Tracking issues can't be hung solely on the seller. The carriers can be quite erratic with their tracking updates at times. My personal experience with SanTan Solar was always top notch. They get your order packed and shipped right away. I was also impressed with the quality of their palletizing of solar panels. Really important since the people handling and loading aren't known to be very careful.

I might be critical here in some of my posts in regard to Signatures technical support because it simply sucks but we all know that. I went around in circles with Derek over an issue with my inverter randomly not charging when the sun came up. After getting nowhere over several days of occasional emails(it took days to get a response), I finally contacted the manufacturer and was promptly sent new firmware that fixed the problem.

On the sales side of things, I have purchased almost my entire setup with them and had absolutely no issues. Good communication of shipping status, promptly sent tracking info and everything was well packed on pallets. I do have a minor issue with two of the Lifepower4 batteries BMS's being out of whack and I'm sure its just a simple calibration issue, but I just don't have the time to play "someone might have a clue, but probably not" on the phone right now. I did send Derek an email about it and in typical SS fashion, I never got a response.
Derek doesn't actually work in Tech support. I'll talk to him about just ignoring those emails. You'll have much better luck reaching out to Jarrett@signaturesolar.com or aaron@signaturesolar.com

For most it's right here
View attachment 121349

Your happy so it seems you got touched somewhere else.

damn dude you hit too hard lol
Tracking issues can't be hung solely on the seller. The carriers can be quite erratic with their tracking updates at times. My personal experience with SanTan Solar was always top notch. They get your order packed and shipped right away. I was also impressed with the quality of their palletizing of solar panels. Really important since the people handling and loading aren't known to be very careful.

During hollidays delivery times are all over the place.

I cancelled my amazon prime for this reason, what is supposed to take 1-2 days now takes 7-8 yet amazon wants full prime money? No, don't think so...

Derek doesn't actually work in Tech support. I'll talk to him about just ignoring those emails. You'll have much better luck reaching out to Jarrett@signaturesolar.com or aaron@signaturesolar.com
FYI - You guys should extend the end of year sale into January. The new Federal Tax credit for stand alone battery systems doesn't go into effect until Jan 1st. I'm looking to place an order and it would be great to get the discounts, but I can't buy until Jan due to the 30% tax credit.

FYI - You guys should extend the end of year sale into January. The new Federal Tax credit for stand alone battery systems doesn't go into effect until Jan 1st. I'm looking to place an order and it would be great to get the discounts, but I can't buy until Jan due to the 30% tax credit.
Interesting point, will discuss with marketing

Thanks Ben. Here's an actually constructive tip. If you have a list of support personnel that specialize in particular areas or with specific pieces of equipment, how about creating a contact list on your website that directs people to the right person for their issue. That might help resolve some of the complaints people have with slow turnaround times. Just an idea.

Back