diy solar

diy solar

Slimline 200Ah+ battery from US supplier?

amartin

Apologies in advance if I missed something - I swear I have searched quite extensively and didn't find what I'm looking for.

Is anyone aware of a reputable "slimline" battery with capacity of at least 200Ah that can be purchased from a good US-based supplier? Absolutely must have low temperature protection, and ideally for my wants/needs I'd like it to have Bluetooth and possibly heating function (though I won't say that is a deal-breaker because it's hard to find and yes I could DIY later).

Reason: I'm trying to stuff one of these behind my truck's back seats. All the other 280/304 prebuild batteries on the market are 4 cells in the same direction making them wide. I'd like to find something with 2+2 so it is narrower and I can fit it into a small space. I'm on a time-crunch and probably can't DIY one on short notice but long term that's probably what I will do unless I can find my unicorn pre-built without breaking the bank.

Likely going to buy an SOK 100Ah otherwise to hold me over but I'd rather not because it will get replaced later and I don't like buying stuff twice.

Thanks for suggestions!

Edit: I forgot one thing - if anyone knows of a ready-to-buy "slimline" empty battery box that can also hold a BMS like the typical Overkill/JBD/etc that would be great as well. For my truck mounted application I need to have the cells enclosed to protect against the elements at least a tiny bit.

Last edited:
Due to time constraints I ended up with an SOK 206Ah marine battery for now. Still interested if anyone knows of a "slimline" battery that is already built, or an empty case/shell to build my own without having to make an entire chassis. If not I'll just make one but it will take much longer. Cheers!

Back