diy solar

diy solar

Smart battery protect cable sizing

So I was planning on connecting my Victron Smart Battery Protect from my 24V nom. 300ah soon to be 500ah lifep04 power bar with 4/0 gauge cable just like all the batteries are connected wth and 1/0 awg from the output of the power distribution bar to my 24V 2500W pure sin wave inverter via he mnedc125 before it goes to my inverter. I have 2 questions here first is this cable sizing safe/efficient, bc I'm not sure what the biggest cable size that can be placed on the output and or what it's particularly rated for bc the manual is vague on this. And secondly should I put a mnedc100 breaker or an 100A ANL fuse, or both in series with the breaker first then the fuse. And I really think that's all for this questions. If I missed any background information I'm sorry just please ask. I will kindly provide..

Thanks
Sincerely,
Murph

If you plan to use the battery protect between the inverter and battery, that is forbidden and will void your warranty.

You should use wire sized for the current that will pass through the BP.

Yeah that's what I'm saying in between the. Battery and inverter not after the inverter..isn't that a dc load? I'm not using them for ac loads just to shut off the inverter if it starts to drain the battery too much..but your saying that a 100A smart battery protect cannot handle a 24v 2500Winverter ..should I get the 220A instead?

Power to the inverter must not pass through the BP.

It must not be used to cut the power to the inverter THROUGH the BP. It will be damaged. It might work a few times, but it will quit working.

It may to used with a compatible inverter to send a shut off signal to an inverter control relay.

Please review the images in the other thread. They are very explicit.

Back