diy solar

diy solar

So this is a new one for me....EG4 chargerverter

SolarScott

Solar Enthusiast
So, trying to get all my batteries balanced today. Inverters only running the aircondtioner in the battery room. When I turned on the chargerverter that is plugged into my harbour freight generator, generator not running mind you, I just turned on the chargeverter to see if the voltage it showed matched the voltage shown on the inverters, caused all three inverters to go into shutdown and restart. This has never happened before. Whenever I run the generator the chargerverter works just fine. I only run it once a week to keep the engine in good shape. What gives? (PV input was at 3 kw on each inverter and the fans were running like batts outa hell......Batteries were all flashing on the fourth light.

The chargeverter has a couple capacitors in it.
They are easily charged by the AC input. But draw a pretty good surge from DC only.

The chargeverter has a couple capacitors in it.
They are easily charged by the AC input. But draw a pretty good surge from DC only.
Maybe that explains it. I think before I always had the generator running and then turned on the chargeverter. This time I turned on the chargeverter just to see if it confirmed what the inverters were giving as the voltage.

Maybe that explains it. I think before I always had the generator running and then turned on the chargeverter. This time I turned on the chargeverter just to see if it confirmed what the inverters were giving as the voltage.
I just leave mine connected and on.

Back