diy solar

diy solar

SOC being ignored by EG4 6000X-s

Sjr

hello,
I have two EG4 6000XPs in paralle, 6 X eg4 lifepro server rack batteries, and 7200 watts of solar panels _{16 x 450 -455 watt }
excellent so far , running main kitchen fridge , two mini fridges , washing machine and dryer, mini, split in my studio and a 5 tonn condenser .
I installed all this with knowledge a gleamed , from videos here , will in particular .
A few weeks ago I noticed that during the night or early morning SOC would be ignored which is set for 20%, and it would switch to grid , even if the batteries showed 70% or so.
it seems to be happening more frequently now. .twice it happened when it was suppose to happen , but now it seem so random.

Last edited:
I assume you're using BMS Communication with the inverter?

If not, the Inverter has no way of really knowing what the SOC is.

Here’s a screen shot from yesterday , if anybody has an idea what’s going on I will greatly appreciate your insight .
IMG_0861.jpegIMG_0861.jpeg
I assume you're using BMS Communication with the inverter?

If not, the Inverter has no way of really knowing what the SOC is.
yes BMS is up and running , and generally is within 1% accurate as to battery SOC, thanks for responding

Can you share a screenshot of your settings? Specifically looking for "battery type" and discharge settings.

Thanks Adam
Sent you the PDF of settings . let me know if that's readable ,

Attachments

• Remote_Set_3393740463.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 5
I'm wondering if the chart just looks "off" because it's trying to cram in so many datapoints into a tiny display.

Do you see the same results on a computer looking at the EG4 monitoring website?

I'm wondering if the chart just looks "off" because it's trying to cram in so many datapoints into a tiny display.

Do you see the same results on a computer looking at the EG4 monitoring website?
this actually is from the EG4 monitoring site, its the PDF, that button top right , my phone and any other devices show more or less the same range as in the graph, also the points where it shows drawing from grid , seem to all last about three hours . Please ignore the time as Im still not able to set the times to my actual time zone , which is CA time ?

Last edited:
Can you double check that everything in your system is correct based on this thread?

Reactions: Sjr
Can you double check that everything in your system is correct based on this thread?
Adam thank you I will go to the source ie actual inverters and check , but they are the only ones that actually reflect the correct time !
Anyway I do appreciate your active responses, and BTW your videos are the bomb dude, ie very informative

In addition (since it's free) use the BMS_Test software to look at each battery to ensure they are all well above 20% SOC and have no faults. Not all faults or alarms will cause the red fault light on the battery to illuminate. The "Master" battery takes the SOC from each battery and sends the average to the inverter, one low battery will drag this down. In addition the the "Master" battery may be interpreting some other battery issue such a battery with a Cell Under-voltage alarm and is then communicating a fault to the inverter.

In addition (since it's free) use the BMS_Test software to look at each battery to ensure they are all well above 20% SOC and have no faults. Not all faults or alarms will cause the red fault light on the battery to illuminate. The "Master" battery takes the SOC from each battery and sends the average to the inverter, one low battery will drag this down. In addition the the "Master" battery may be interpreting some other battery issue such a battery with a Cell Under-voltage alarm and is then communicating a fault to the inverter.
All the batteries are equalized , and show their correct state of charge, yes I use the BMS test software. .I do not think this is a miss reading of the batteries as more to do with some setting in one of the three ways to change settings on these inverters.

All the batteries are equalized , and show their correct state of charge, yes I use the BMS test software. .I do not think this is a miss reading of the batteries as more to do with some setting in one of the three ways to change settings on these inverters.
Great. Good data and it narrows down possible causes. Eliminate battery data as a cause.

diy solar

diy solar
Back