diy solar

diy solar

SOC Settings, Relationship Between Solis, ESP32 Inverter and JKBMS App settings

i still have some corrections to make as i can see it starts to forcecharge when the cells are still 3.5 - which i dont bliv is right
1708945144859.png

Can you click on total voltage and provide a screenshot of the graph that is displayed?

Cell voltages might be in the 3.5v range now, but that's because there's 37A of current being pushed into them, leading to voltage increase.
You can only really see the 'true' cell voltage when there's no current going in or out of the battery.

One additional note, I saw that you have the balance start voltage as 3v in the BMS. This is too low, you should be balancing cells at the top only. I'd suggest 4.0v if you're charging at 4.1v per cell as per the YAML.

Can you click on total voltage and provide a screenshot of the graph that is displayed?

Cell voltages might be in the 3.5v range now, but that's because there's 37A of current being pushed into them, leading to voltage increase.
You can only really see the 'true' cell voltage when there's no current going in or out of the battery.

One additional note, I saw that you have the balance start voltage as 3v in the BMS. This is too low, you should be balancing cells at the top only. I'd suggest 4.0v if you're charging at 4.1v per cell as per the YAML.
1708959113420.png

o.k

It looks like the battery dropped to approximately 43v, likely 43.4v which is the cutoff now set in the YAML. That happened at about 10:40.
This is essentially empty, hence why the inverter went into force charge mode.

Based on the voltage drop throughout the night, I would say the battery capacity is not enough to cope with overnight house load, then heavy loads such as a kettle, etc, before PV power is coming in.
You can tell that by the rapid drop in voltage, suggesting voltage sag under heavy load.

It looks like the battery dropped to approximately 43v, likely 43.4v which is the cutoff now set in the YAML. That happened at about 10:40.
This is essentially empty, hence why the inverter went into force charge mode.

Based on the voltage drop throughout the night, I would say the battery capacity is not enough to cope with overnight house load, then heavy loads such as a kettle, etc, before PV power is coming in.
You can tell that by the rapid drop in voltage, suggesting voltage sag under heavy load.
for now, that's why i set the discharge load at around 30 amp , to control the power draw...i am getting new batteries in a couple of days and i will install jkbms on it and then connect in parallel....

Back