diy solar

diy solar

SOK battery 2023

Listen. you may very well have a valid point, you may not.

The problem is that you came on here emotionally charged with guns blazing.

CurrentConnect is a respected vendor. Many satisfied customers, many of which are on this forum that will vouch for them.

How long have you had the battery? Did they replace it? Is the battery not operating up to your specifications? Have you asked for a refund?

I'm certain that they will do everything in their power to make you a satisfied customer. Just don't be a jerk.
I reply the same way they comment. So take it if you give it. I don't deal or know the dealer here, a guy made a bad comment, who he is I don't care. He get back what he gives. I have been dealing with SOK and another dealer, so far no fix yet. You are the jerk, like I said, i give back what u give... moron

Look like this forum is a forum with people who have invested interest, not for people looking for solutions. Too many. protecting, instead of helping and being honest with cons that exist.

Last edited:
I reply the same way they comment. So take it if you give it. I don't deal or know the dealer here, a guy made a bad comment, who he is I don't care. He get back what he gives. I have been dealing with SOK and another dealer, so far no fix yet. You are the jerk, like I said, i give back what u give... moron

Look like this forum is a forum with people who have invested interest, not for people looking for solutions. Too many. protecting, instead of helping and being honest with cons that exist.
You're out of line.

You're out of line.
Out of line for telling the truth. Doesn't the fact that SOK has an update BMS, tell you there is an issue. The forum is to ask for solutions, not to have someone argue that there is nothing wrong with product, just the one who reported the issues. I can not recommend the product as of now. I would wait until they fix the BMS and perhaps open up their app for what users expect. The new one is better, still too early to be conclusive, giving it time, not too hopefull yet. Call me names, you get a mouthful back. Don't want to hear it, then stop your mouth.

Yes, there are honest one here, just some that bleed company colors. They aren't helpful.

Just an update on my progress with SOK. Current Connect was able to help out communicating and SOK has reached out telling me they will be replacing the battery. I am currently waiting for further instructions from SOK. I will update as things happen.

Glad to hear that.

Still testing the new BMS, it is better but still not balancing, instead of 350 mv it now 110mv. Three of the cell are under 3.43 mv, app saying SOC 100%, but discharge test, tells me it incorrect.

The CALC Capacity on original showed 240 AH, with the new one, it reads 210 AH. Give rough estimates.

I have a capacitive balancer to test to see if it helps.

There is new section Called Balance Status next to the V Differ icon.

Also, the battery seems to go to sleep when not in use and Bluetooth option no longer available. Total silence. Never happen on the original BMS.

I can wake it up either by putting a load or switching my inverter from shore to inverter alone and back. Then Bluetooth show up. I notice in the app there is an option for sleep time, default is 300 mins. It can be changed to 9999 mins. I haven't test it, if this help with bluetooth shutting down yet.

Last edited:
The sleep battery does work. Okay, making progress, balance difference is down to 10mv and all cell are at least 3.6 vdc. The new BMS is a big improvement, but needed help.

If I was to buy another 3 of the 206, I would request only unit with new BMS. One can use the Bluetooth app to check version info.

The help from SOK was very mininal. Took a lot of convincing to prove issue with BMS and they sent this new one. I wouldn't want to repeat this for each battery. If you are still interested in buying SOK 206, verify if it has new BMS.

I do like the build, marine case and how things are put together, but still hate their SOK-BMS. I probably replace the BMS with overkill BMS, just to have access to the parameters. Though I notice some are slowly locking out the feature. May have to resort to hacking the password.

Finish here.....

Has anybody had any dealings with the SOK battery company lately? I wonder about the current state of affairs regarding their product quality, customer service and delivery times. I have tried to get in touch with them via internet chat on their website and by phone but had no success. Looking to buy another 24V 100Ah LFP battery from them but have some very specific questions for them before I do.
SOK has big problems right now (May 24, 2023). I ordered 2 batteries then went to play.google.com to download the ABC-BMS app for the battery, then started reading the comments found on google play, and the reviews have been AWFUL. I cancelled, and ordered Weize, which as of 3 months ago has a customer support group that actually answered the phone.

SOK has big problems right now (May 24, 2023). I ordered 2 batteries then went to play.google.com to download the ABC-BMS app for the battery, then started reading the comments found on google play, and the reviews have been AWFUL. I cancelled, and ordered Weize, which as of 3 months ago has a customer support group that actually answered the phone.
The batteries work just fine as batteries, but they are not good battery monitors. I typically recommend the non-bluetooth batteries, no one complains about them and they've been out for years.

The app does however work just fine for troubleshooting problems - too many expect the battery to be a precision battery monitor so they don't need to buy a shunt - you're buying a budget battery that is made in China - the app look and feel reflects this.

The batteries work just fine as batteries, but they are not good battery monitors. I typically recommend the non-bluetooth batteries, no one complains about them and they've been out for years.

The app does however work just fine for troubleshooting problems - too many expect the battery to be a precision battery monitor so they don't need to buy a shunt - you're buying a budget battery that is made in China - the app look and feel reflects this.
the forum on google play shows that the app and batteries are not working. the other distributor (in AZ) that dropped the product said there were many problems and resolutions to the problems required the customer to open the batteries and monkey around with them.

I still don't get the big password issue. It took me 3 minutes to find it with google. I don't have an sok battery to test it with and I'm not sharing here in case this some taboo thing to do but it is out there using google to look it up.

diy solar

diy solar
Back