diy solar

diy solar

SOL-ARK 15K is so pretty

Why? The Sol-Ark only puts out 160 amps per connection, so at 125%, that's 200 amps, of which the breakers are. Most of the cable I've seen is good for 300 amps at 10 feet for 2/0.
My battery busbars are 15ft away from the inverter battery terminals

I used two pairs of 2/0. Kinda wish I went with 3/0 or 4/0 though.
You moving that much current in/out of batteries?

Dual 2/0 should carry anything you can produce..

Even @ 15ft should carry over 300.

Last edited:

Do you mind telling me what is going on with the MPPT inputs? I've been wondering why there appear to be 12 connectors for 3 inputs, and the manual shows MPPT1+ into connector 1, MPPT1- into 3, 2+ into 5, 2- into 7, 3+ into 9, and 3- into 11. So the even connectors aren't used. My best guess would be that you have 2 serial strings and mounting them together (as you appear to do) makes it a parallel circuit? Guessing, but I'm wondering what is going on, here.

Do you mind telling me what is going on with the MPPT inputs? I've been wondering why there appear to be 12 connectors for 3 inputs, and the manual shows MPPT1+ into connector 1, MPPT1- into 3, 2+ into 5, 2- into 7, 3+ into 9, and 3- into 11. So the even connectors aren't used. My best guess would be that you have 2 serial strings and mounting them together (as you appear to do) makes it a parallel circuit? Guessing, but I'm wondering what is going on, here.
You have 3 mppts. Each can take 2 strings, so that's 4 wires per mppt. So yes, if you hook both strings to one mppt, it will show as one string. At this point, I only have one of my 3 sets of 14 installed, and I chose to run 2 strings of 7. So I ran them to separate mppts to see what each string is doing. Once I install my other 2 sets of 14, I will have to move those 2 strings to one mppt.

lol, I used 4/0 on the grid and load. I can't even find a ferrule that big. ?
I used 2-2-4 on the gen(ac-coupled PV). I did not put on ferrules. I have no intention of undoing the connection.

I used 8 awg for my PV lines, but the input on the PV indicates 10 awg. I think had I put ferrules on the 8 awg it would be too big.
So 8 AWG works on the PV inputs? I have to run 8 AWG because my panels are far away from the house, so I was going to use something (set of IMO Disconnects?) to transition from 8 AWG down to 10 AWG near the 15K. If I can run 8 AWG straight in, it could save me some cost.

So 8 AWG works on the PV inputs? I have to run 8 AWG because my panels are far away from the house, so I was going to use something (set of IMO Disconnects?) to transition from 8 AWG down to 10 AWG near the 15K. If I can run 8 AWG straight in, it could save me some cost.
I used this from TEMCo on eBay.

Back