diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark new optimizer

Okay, but this is what I meant by sign off.
I understand now.

The attached was also from over 3 years ago, and the 15k isn't even on there (because it hadn't been released yet). I wonder if there is an updated cert?

I found a newer document that does include the optimizers, but not the 15K.

Attachments

• Tigo Sol-Ark Compatibility Letter_05272022.pdf
    231.1 KB · Views: 6
Any word on these? Eyeing a full hybrid system install on a house with many roof pitches and lots of intermittent shading... I think optimizers will be key and like the idea of an integrated sol-ark solution.

Any word on these? Eyeing a full hybrid system install on a house with many roof pitches and lots of intermittent shading... I think optimizers will be key and like the idea of an integrated sol-ark solution.
My installer said his distributor could get them for my project this spring. So I told him to risk buy them immediately. That caused the availability to magically disappear.
These appear to be vaporware despite the fact that they should just be a rebadged OEM part. My guess is that they are failing some regulatory hurdle. They've been advertised for well over a year and the availability date just keeps getting pushed out.

I cut bait and am going to use Tigos. I hate the idea of more wireless comms; I hate the idea of a yet another (PAID!) cloud service; I hate the idea of a closed, proprietary system. But I don't seem to have a choice.

My installer said his distributor could get them for my project this spring. So I told him to risk buy them immediately. That caused the availability to magically disappear.
These appear to be vaporware despite the fact that they should just be a rebadged OEM part. My guess is that they are failing some regulatory hurdle. They've been advertised for well over a year and the availability date just keeps getting pushed out.

I cut bait and am going to use Tigos. I hate the idea of more wireless comms; I hate the idea of a yet another (PAID!) cloud service; I hate the idea of a closed, proprietary system. But I don't seem to have a choice.

Yikes. Thanks for the update & hoping this changes soon.

Is the cloud subscription required? I thought there was a way around that.

Is the cloud subscription required? I thought there was a way around that.
TIGO offers a premium monitoring service. It provides 1 minute data resolution and panel current and voltage. There's no charge for basic monitoring.

TIGO offers a premium monitoring service. It provides 1 minute data resolution and panel current and voltage. There's no charge for basic monitoring.
Advertised "1 minute data resolution" but they've been having trouble with their servers for apparently going on 3 yrs now and they keep promising they're updating their server infrastructure and keep pushing the date further to the right. So even people who are paying for the cloud service are having trouble getting their data within 4 hours.

Not to mention how despicable it is to be forced (by threat of reduced warranty coverage) to upload YOUR data and then have to pay to download YOUR data in a timely fashion.

Seems like Sol-ark are having some serious growing issues along with more competitors getting into their market space.
Over a year now and apparently no closer to seeing their optimizer hitting the streets.

Advertised "1 minute data resolution" but they've been having trouble with their servers for apparently going on 3 yrs now and they keep promising they're updating their server infrastructure and keep pushing the date further to the right. So even people who are paying for the cloud service are having trouble getting their data within 4 hours.

Not to mention how despicable it is to be forced (by threat of reduced warranty coverage) to upload YOUR data and then have to pay to download YOUR data in a timely fashion.
Yeah, recently I can't get any data before 1 pm. I also see dead spaces for 5 minutes without 1 minute resolution. I have the premium service. Rather pathetic.

Seems like Sol-ark are having some serious growing issues along with more competitors getting into their market space.
Over a year now and apparently no closer to seeing their optimizer hitting the streets.
To be fair, it may not be Sol-Ark's fault. It looks like they were planning on just integrating this company's product: https://enteligent.com/products/enteligent™-nmax-optimizers-m500a1 but previous versions of the website had pricing and even had some videos from the CEO explaining the devices but all that seems to have disappeared. So maybe Sol-Ark is just along for the ride and that's why they keep pushing the release date out quarter by quarter by quarter.

(I'm just speculating. I have no real knowledge)

This is awesome. I was also going to see what the comms between the TPA and CCA looked like.
You have to root the CCA. That apparently used to be easy to do but a firmware update that Tigo pushed out closed that hole. Now you have to open the CCA and solder to the UART pins and hack the u-boot environment. I'm struggling with 'do I want RSD+Optimizers and thus give my money to a company that's openly hostile to its customers?" or do I just want to buy APSmart RSD gear and vote with my wallet.

Edit: Long thread: https://www.photovoltaikforum.com/thread/149592-details-protokolle-zugang-auf-tigo-cca/?pageNo=1 (translate to your language of choice).

Last edited:
Back