diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant + 3x SolArk 12Ks via RS485 AND SolArk WiFi dongles = impossible?

greg.ledet

Sorry to ask a question that I am quite certain I already know the answer to however I cannot help it especially considering Solar Assistant wasn't more clear about support for the SolArk 12K inverter. They claim on their website that the CANBus port WILL work however posts on this forum suggest otherwise.

My 12Ks are running the latest firmware. The cable I acquired was this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079ZQ491F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The Orange Pi 3 LTS was easy to setup as was Solar Assistant. The 3x USB connections are recognized however I have had no luck connecting, even when changing the battery setting to 00 and unchecked. This is not desirable as we would like to continue seeing our battery percentages. Our batteries are ARK brand: https://arklithium.com/products/ The mode that our batteries are currently set to are 04 unchecked.

Ethernet splicing/alteration is not in my capabilities at current however we could have someone come out that can help with this.

A) We get this working so we can use the WiFi dongles simultaneously

B) We nix the WiFi dongles and get the alternate cables.

I'd prefer both however for my needs I think B would be perfectly fine. Most of the data provided through SolArks is unused anyway. Mostly we just want live data of batteries, panels, and inverters.

Thanks for any potential help.

Each Sol-ark need it's own cable and rs485 adapter..
Each Sol-ark has it's own cable. Adapter? I am using the cable listed. It goes from the rs485 (or CANbus) port to the Orange Pi. However neither work. As stated in original post, the Orange Pi recognizes the cables however no data is coming from the SolArks. Tried disconnecting/reconnecting, reseating cables, etc. I have not however tried power cycling the inverters themselves. I did try moving to the battery 00 mode unchecked however losing the battery percentage functionality is not a sacrifice we're willing to make. Regardless, moving to this mode STILL didn't work....

Last edited:
Back