diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant connecting to Battery

GavinBPage

I have just bought a solar assistant and just want to check, if I'm doing this right before I break anything! I have a Growatt GBLI 6532 battery and want to connect the connectors to the battery to run the solar assistant.There are two plugs for the + - do i just pull those out put the DC connectors on then plug them back in? Sorry if this is stupid question but wants to make sure before I break anything! I attached photo of the connectors on my battery.

Attachments

• tempImageR4oBdj.png
    tempImageR4oBdj.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
I have just bought a solar assistant and just want to check, if I'm doing this right before I break anything! I have a Growatt GBLI 6532 battery and want to connect the connectors to the battery to run the solar assistant.There are two plugs for the + - do i just pull those out put the DC connectors on then plug them back in? Sorry if this is stupid question but wants to make sure before I break anything! I attached photo of the connectors on my battery.
Those are quick-disconnect cables. You won't be able to connect your SA power supply cable under those quick-disconnect connectors.

You could potentially put it on the other side of those cables though, as long as the other end is ring-lugs.

Those are quick-disconnect cables. You won't be able to connect your SA power supply cable under those quick-disconnect connectors.

You could potentially put it on the other side of those cables though, as long as the other end is ring-lugs.
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "other side of those cables". The cables are ring-lugs, does that mean I can't unplug put the cable on then plug them back in?

Solar Assistant runs on Raspberry Pi or Orange. I believe those take 5v. The batteries are 48v. Do you have a power converter?

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "other side of those cables". The cables are ring-lugs, does that mean I can't unplug put the cable on then plug them back in?
The quick disconnect connections on the battery I believe are amphenol connectors that lock on to the battery. You can't put anything between the connector and the terminal.

I meant what type of connector is on the other end of those cables? Is it another amphenol connector or a set of ring lugs to be connected on a bus bar or inverter terminal?

The ends of the cable in the picture you are showing have quick disconnect plugs, not ring-lugs. You can certainly unplug them and plug them back in, but unfortunately you will not be able to fit a ring lug under them. If you have a 48V to 5V power converter for your Solar Assistant, you need to find a different location to attach it to. This is why someone suggested the other end of the cable: If this is fitted with lugs (and not another pair of QD plugs), you may have a chance to connect it there.

Back