diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Dashboard doesn't make sense

Is this the same inverter that I've seen people saying is only recording measurements for one of the line loads and only one of the mppt inputs?

That said, I don't see a reason Solar Assistant couldn't just account for that quirk and do the math.
It's easy enough to add in my head (or have Home Assistant perform the calculations) when only on grid. However, once solar kicks in, it gets trickier. IE: How much solar is going to load and how much is charging vs the grid :unsure:

Yep.... I've been seeing issues for weeks now....almost since first install of SA. I thought the Dashboard values seemed to add up properly for the first week or so I had it running but went to hell after I added additional batteries to my setup (far from certain that was the reason cause I even disconnected them and went back to previous battery configuration and still had the discrepancy in dashboard values).

For now I'm living with it and hoping that once I get a few full cycles on that batteries it will correct itself or if there is a bug in SA it will be corrected in a future update. :(
Did you go back and modify battery size after adding? When I added my 3rd eg4 lifepower4, it still did the %'s like it was 10k, until i made this 15k.

1700668838426.png

Yes I did. Tried it both/several ways, but no difference in discrepancies.
I'm normally pretty close, but I know my load is a little low, probably pulling 40-50 watts, so most likely not accounting for inverter draw... when it's cloudy and bouncing its all over, but clean sun.. pretty stable. Latest beta 11/13 with my EG4 3000.
1700669872270.png

I changed the Inverter "Self consumption power" in SA back to 0 (I had it at 15) and as of now the graphs look pretty close. So maybe it is a SA issue after all, IDK?

I'll wait and see what it looks like both at night and when there is full sun

1700671428071.png

I'm off varying amounts but in the 150-300 range usually.... I have no option for setting/changing the self-consumption but that was never an issue in the beginning....I just don't understand what, if anything changed. My current thought is that I'm going to have to go through a few full battery cycles or some such and that may or may not make a difference. Also the difference/mismatch is there whether I use 'inverter values' or go directly to the batteries. (which tends to make me think it's an issue with SA...just dunno...).

Back