diy solar

diy solar

Solar assistant help

Varmint

I had solar assistant up and running for a couple of weeks, powered the system down to move some batteries and now Solar assistant won’t connect to the inverter. Powered everything down a few times trying to get it to reconnect but hasn’t worked. I don’t have internet access at the sight. Any suggestions how to fix it.

I had solar assistant up and running for a couple of weeks, powered the system down to move some batteries and now Solar assistant won’t connect to the inverter. Powered everything down a few times trying to get it to reconnect but hasn’t worked. I don’t have internet access at the sight. Any suggestions how to fix it.
There is a "connect" or "re-connect" button in the settings you might have to click to get it to talk to the inverter again. I don't have mine in front of me to send a screenshot, but I know I have had to do that before with my Sol-Ark 15K.

inverter is an eg4 6500. Found a usb cord,solar assistant is now working. Trouble is in the serial cable or the rs232 port on the inverter..any ideas on how to check those?

Back