diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant locked up

Firepig

Has anyone experienced this problem. I purchased a solar assistant to manage my two MPP L6548 inverters that are connected in split phase. The program worked well until I decided I wanted to access it from the internet. After following instructions to install it on my internet it disappeared, it was gone, it took me some time to realize it installed on my Google Home system. It became invisible to Solar assistant software and consequently will not operate. My first thought was to delete it from Google Home. My edition of Google home has no provision to delete devices that have been installed.

I have spent hours trying to make it work with no success. I was told to access it on my monitor using a direct cable connection but that didn't work. Solar Assistant will not open on my computer unless it can connect with the orangepi3 unit. Every time I try to load it, it locks my internet up.

According to the instructions there is a way of creating a bridge between Solar Assistant and Google Home, but it involves a level of computer proficiency that I don't have plus it involves purchasing more hardware.

My primary interest is to remove orangepi3 from Google Home to its original specs. Right now, I don't know how to communicate with the orangepi3 unit. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Does orangePI have Bluetooth connectivity? You might have to connect from your phone via bluetooth to the pi, turn off all other networking on your phone and hit 10.0.0.5. Then you should be able to configure the network on the PI

That almost worked. The Solar Assistant front page popped up but I could not open anything in it. Solar Assistant would not open in Bluetooth. Down below where it says other devices in my iPhone, the little wheel continued to spin but nothing happened. I tried various combinations of selecting buttons but nothing. The orangePi3 unit is close by.

I assume you power cycled the orangePI already. Looking at the documentation it does appear to have bluetooth connectivity so you should be able to direct connect via bluetooth to it.
Until you manage to connect directly to the OrangePI on bluetooth and disable all your other network connections on the phone and open the phone's browser to go directly to 10.0.0.5 you won't be able to connect to the Solar Assistant. I am not sure if this feature works on iPhone (network over bluetooth) I have successfully used it on my Android Pixel 6 with a genuine raspberry pi board.

I have had no success making contact with solar assistant on Google Home or Bluetooth. I see it in Google Home, just can't communicate with it. It does not show up in Bluetooth at all.

I had about the same problem with T-mobile home internet. It worked for months then it didn’t. Bought another SA and no joy. Connected a Cat8 cable and instantly it worked and faster. It’s been about nine months rock solid remote data and control.

Back