diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant UI doesn't work thru built-in HDMI

So my new "Orange" model PI with SA pre-installed from Watts247 showed up back at the start of Feb and I got it setup and running, however ever since then the HDMI output (which is advertised to work) will show the PI boot and the dashboard, however it doesn't matter because it's frozen, mouse clicks do nothing, keyboard does nothing.

Remote connection over HTTP is fine, and responsive, but PI video is just hung. I blame Chromium.

I've emailed solar assistant help several times, they've responded to my questions about firmware but ignored my emails about the HDMI output.

I put a review up on Watts247 that I've had problems and SA is non-responsive for almost a month now, but my review was mysteriously taken down.

Anyone else run into this? I'm really frustrated that they've ignored my emails and now Watts247 has removed the review. Makes me wonder, since there are 0 reviews on their site about the Orange PI, how many others have posted but had their post removed.

My unit I bought direct from SA (preloaded) is up and running but has issues.
- When I return to the unit and turn the monitor back on often it is no longer showing the Solar Assistant application but is on a Google Chrome Help screen. When I attempt to Alt-Tab it shows the only active item is "Google Chrome Help - Chromium". While it is in this state I can still remote in via Android or normal PC Web Browser so data is still moving in the background. It might be my lack of familiarity with Pi's but I believe I have no way to get back to Solar Assistant dashboard at the unit without rebooting the OrangePi via Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I think it needs further development. :rolleyes:

So my new "Orange" model PI with SA pre-installed from Watts247 showed up back at the start of Feb and I got it setup and running, however ever since then the HDMI output (which is advertised to work) will show the PI boot and the dashboard, however it doesn't matter because it's frozen, mouse clicks do nothing, keyboard does nothing.

Remote connection over HTTP is fine, and responsive, but PI video is just hung. I blame Chromium.

I've emailed solar assistant help several times, they've responded to my questions about firmware but ignored my emails about the HDMI output.

I put a review up on Watts247 that I've had problems and SA is non-responsive for almost a month now, but my review was mysteriously taken down.

Anyone else run into this? I'm really frustrated that they've ignored my emails and now Watts247 has removed the review. Makes me wonder, since there are 0 reviews on their site about the Orange PI, how many others have posted but had their post removed.
Mine has hung up on the HDMI display several times and what I've ended up having to do was to connect to the Orange Pi via WiFi and use the MS Edge browser on my iPhone to connect to 10.0.0.5, then reboot from Configuration/Settings. That's the best workaround I've seen since the Orange Pi doesn't have Bluetooth.

I've also seen instances where the daily and weekly kWh data doesn't display. Sometimes it eventually comes up if you wait, most of the time it takes a reboot.

When nothing else seems to work, I've turned everything off, unplugged it, and left it for 30-minutes or so before starting it again...

Also, I've seen that the Safari doesn't work well... I only use the Edge browser now (I haven't tried any others).

Back