diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Wish list, Bugs and Issues.

I believe I mentioned USB relays but it'd be really nice to be able to turn on and off mppt inputs from the panels and do other things.

Wow, I go to the effort of providing feedback and this guy argues with me.

No it doesn't. Those are gauges, I mentioned charts

Interesting. The battery is connected to the inverter vin can. Regardless, they can show the data that they do have, like SOC charts.

And that's not a good thing.

Pointless arguing. Chart libraries exist, but Even that misses the point. I was only providing feedback and you're arguing with me.

Yep, and the day homeassistant can write back to the inverter we won't need SA at all.

Maybe your can make some feedback about connecting to multiple instances and hope that nobody argues with you.

This isn't a thread about asking for home assistant advice

I guess there's no point in every offering feedback then. It does what you need, so we should all just be thankful.
My main page of SA has a graph of SOC...is this what you mean? Sorry...missed the part about not wanting to scroll but have it int the overview.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 12-09-28 SolarAssistant.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 12-09-28 SolarAssistant.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 3
Whether you need to scroll depends on screen set up, e.g. my screen:

IK6o6ZI.png

Obviously this won't be the case on a phone screen.

Maybe been covered in the last 25 pages, but really want grand totals and the ability to see any date from the beginning.

I wish it had more totals on the totals screen.

Like :

Total pv power made over the entire time its been recording

Max pv power in a day ever

Max battery power used in a day ever

etc.

Nowadays SA supports 2 inverter on one Pi.
That's a major improvement.
I would love to see different colors in the graphs per inverter. At this moment both are black and difficult to distinguish.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240622_165722.jpg
    Screenshot_20240622_165722.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 6
Nowadays SA supports 2 inverter on one Pi.
That's a major improvement.
I would love to see different colors in the graphs per inverter. At this moment both are black and difficult to distinguish.
I'm using it with 6 AIOs running parallel (see my build thread in the footer) and it supports it at least since 18 month (when I've done my first tests).

But like you've mentioned, all have the same color in the graphs. You can temporary change the colors by clicking on the color bar in the legend, but the change does not stay and it's only temporary.

Last edited:
I'm using it with 6 AIOs running parallel (see my build thread in the footer) and it supports it at least since 18 month (when I've done my first tests).

But like you've mentioned, all have the same color in the graphs. Yiu can temporary chane the colors by clicking on the color bar in the legend, but the change does not stay and it's only temporary.
I did not know that one can change the colours temporarily. Tried it and it works like a charm.
Thanks for the guidance!

Anyone know of an integration between solar assistant and Amazon Alexa? Shore would like to be able to ask her for the battery percentage or solar production or something.

Anyone know of an integration between solar assistant and Amazon Alexa? Shore would like to be able to ask her for the battery percentage or solar production or something.
Your going to need home assistant or one of the alternatives added in to do that.

diy solar

diy solar
Back