diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Wish list, Bugs and Issues.

Power management for the Luxpower/EG4 18k is new.
However setting the timers is a mess ATM and they seem to change themselves for reasons unknown.

It would be nice if SA would have an option to adjust time of use charging based on weather. SA seems to already know what your weather is going to be like before the sun comes up probably based on your location. IMG_1066.jpeg

i would like to be able to use it with my sunsynk inverter. apparently only the older sunsynk dongle works? is it a issue with solar assistant or woth the sunsynk dongle?

Will Solar Assistant work with my Sungold 10k - SPH10K48SP?
I looked at the website/documentation briefly last night and it not clear.
The Sungold wifi sucks and I can't get it to work at all.

Thanks!

Will Solar Assistant work with my Sungold 10k - SPH10K48SP?
I looked at the website/documentation briefly last night and it not clear.
The Sungold wifi sucks and I can't get it to work at all.

Thanks!
If its working for @42OhmsPA it should work for you since its just a rebranded version of what he has.

My sungold tp6048 is a voltronic based version and it works using the voltronic setting.

If its working for @42OhmsPA it should work for you since its just a rebranded version of what he has.

My sungold tp6048 is a voltronic based version and it works using the voltronic setting.
Thank you. Wasn't clear from the SA Website....will do some testing today with the usb/computer then maybe dig out the Raspberry Pi's :)

Thank you. Wasn't clear from the SA Website....will do some testing today with the usb/computer then maybe dig out the Raspberry Pi's :)

I can't connect to EASUN ISolar-SML-III-3.5KW
Using this guide: https://solar-assistant.io/help/easun/configuration
Tried Sumry, Voltronic, same result - "No response". Tried two different cables.
I noticed the port on my inverter says RS485/RS232. I'm trying with USB-RS232 cables, no luck.
Works as Voltronic after I chopped off RJ45 plug and rewired it from this typical router/console pinout:
Screenshot 2023-11-04 123606.png
to this:
Screenshot 2023-11-04 111837.png

Last edited:
I want support to connect to multiple Batteries
My battery bank has 4pc EG4LL with LCD batteries and 2pc EG4 LIFEPOWER4
without LCD.

I can connect to the EG4LL or the LIFEPOWER4 but not both at the same
time. It would be great if we could pick multiple batteries on the
configuration page.

I'm also using the Sungold 48V 100AH SERVER RACK LIFEPO4 LITHIUM BATTERY SG48100P and after a few complications I've been able to get the Raspberry Pi and Solar Assistant talking directly with the battery bank (which it did not do through the inverter connection) using either the Sungold battery communication cable (optional item with inverter) or the cable from Current Connected. See my thread for details (and tons of unrelated info :) ) https://diysolarforum.com/threads/i...hase-solar-inverter.71345/page-25#post-927018

I tried several off-the-shelf USB-RJ11 and they did not work. After getting the Current Connected cable I believe the difference is in the RJ11 connection. I built/rewired a DB9-> RJ11 cable and it worked with all the USB->DB9 cables so that I think is the key to talking to these batteries via their RS232 (RJ11) connector. Here's the wiring diagram:

1700509140756.png

Last edited:
This is a frequently requested update so keep pushing for it. I've noticed the updates seem more frequent recently so maybe they are really working on the product full-time now.

I haven't. This is the actual update frequency:

2021: 5 updates
2022: 7 updates
2023: 2 updates (plus beta)
There have been a handful of beta updates since I starting flashing them in September. Before that I was running my original install from Dec 2022.
It seems the beta is updated at least once a month, more often if the beta breaks something.

I soooo want the scheduling in the power management the beta has but at the same time I like staying on stable since it just works.

So tempting.

Honestly I have never had any problems with the software so I am happy to stay in beta and test it within a day or two of it being released.

There have been a handful of beta updates since I starting flashing them in September. Before that I was running my original install from Dec 2022.
It seems the beta is updated at least once a month, more often if the beta breaks something.
Well you would need to count all the changes to beta version which occurred before each stable release as well - but there is no record of that in the change log, just the official stable versions.

Back