diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant and Starlink?

tomlos

I am looking to move beyond WatchPower for monitoring my SP6548 (it's not great, but it's OK to get started with) and I beyond in tech myself, I am super interested in Solar Assistant. I emailed Solar Assistant to get some questions answered, and wanted to verify they have no issues working with Starlink, to which they said

"
Please note that Starlink work off static I.P addresses, and unfortunately the device gets it's I.P address via DHCP. Setting a static I.P address is on our wish list.
"

huh? The raspberry pi should pull DHCP from the starlink router itself, get an internal address, and I'm assuming, they are talking about remote access? I can always use a dynamic dns service on the raspberry pi and just access it that way.

Regardless, anyone using Solar Assistant remotely with Starlink?

It will work fine with starlink. The pi running sa can do dhcp or have a static ip so no issues with starlink for the internet side.
Exactly what I was thinking.. Thanks!

I just discovered Dessmonitor, which btw, the web interface is fantastic..albeit not live updating like maybe SA, but this is a fantastic upgrade to watch power..

Exactly what I was thinking.. Thanks!

I just discovered Dessmonitor, which btw, the web interface is fantastic..albeit not live updating like maybe SA, but this is a fantastic upgrade to watch power..
I looked at it just now and other than the cute animated icons it doesn't seem much different the SA info wise and isn't as fast update wise like you mentioned.

Back