diy solar

diy solar

Solar Busbar DC Voltage Limit

myrkr

I'm working on creating a junction box for connecting my 3 panels in parallel. The box will fuse the positive side of each panel before connecting to a busbar. My plan had been to use a Victron 150A/70V busbar (picture below). The max DC voltage according to the specifications is 70V. My panel specs are as follows

Panel Specs
Max Power (Pmax) 325W
Short Circuit Current (Isc) 6.03A
Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) 69.6V
Maximum Power Current (Ipmax) 5.65A
Maximum Power Voltage (Vpmax) 57.6V
Max system Voltage 600V
Series Fuses 15A

I originally thought these busbars would be fine because the vpmax for the panels is 57.6V, but then wondered if the open circuit voltage of 69.6V was a problem and too close to the maximum rating? I was assuming that because the amperage going through the bar would be less than 20A that the voltage would be okay because at maximum amps I would be under 60V. Looking for any feedback on this setup though and whether this busbar would work. Thanks
1697246437892.png

Consider that when the voltage is near 70V and possibly over it in cold conditions, there will be 0A flowing through the bus bar.

PERSONALLY, if that met my needs, I would use it.

Thanks, that is helpful and confirms what I was thinking that at 70V (and potentially higher) when there are no amps flowing through the busbar I should be okay.

Back