diy solar

diy solar

Solar CC compatibility

gnappi

I have a Renogy Rover 60A controller. I found the bluetooth app annoyingly slow to respond and IMO poorly designed in general.

That said I found that the SRNE app is faster with almost zero latency between requested and expected data refreshes.

So I looked a bit more into it and I "think" that the Rich Solar, Renogy, Newpowa and possibly others are made by SRNE? Am I correct?

Last edited:
I have a Renogy Rover 60A controller. I found the bluetooth app annoyingly slow to respond and IMO poorly designed in general.

That said I found that the SRNE app is faster with almost zero latency between requested and expected data refreshes.

So I looked a bit more into it and I "think" that the Rich Solar, Renogy, Newpowa and possibly others are made by SRNE? Am I correct?
For certain the Renogy Rover series and the identical Rich Solar units are SRNE ML series controllers. If you see Newpowa or other units with that look, it's improbable that they came up with that same design and aesthetic on their own. So yes, SRNE.

yes, I think so. My guess is EpEver is also rebadged SRNE.

The Renogy BT setup has been around a long while. The SRNE/Rich/etc-branded units are newer to the market and so my WAG is they are a newer iteration of BT comms.

The Renogy Rover Solar Charge Controller series is made by SRNE and it is my understanding the Rich Solar SCC's that look like the Rover are also made by SRNE. Don't know about the Newpowa SCC's.

I agree the SRNE app is much better than the Renogy BT app. The SRNE app is also well supported with frequent updates while the Renogy BT app appears to be abandoned.

Check out the link below for a post with information on the Renogy Rover SCC that maybe beneficial.
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/renogy-40a-mppt-li-settings.46856/page-2#post-606395

diy solar

diy solar
Back