diy solar

diy solar

Solar charge 32 volt battery system on 1970s cabin cruiser - how to do 32V marine stuff

I see no downside to being nitpicky and getting exactly what you want. But I will say that in my career as an auto tech it's rare that it need to simultaneously know 2 digits on BOTH sides of the decimal place.. I.e. if i am looking at whole numbers then 1 decimal place is usually good enough, and if i am looking at the hundredths of volts or millivolts, i usually am looking at a number far below 1v in the first place.

But i want what i want and it's my money and i'm gonna damn well get what i want, and my opinion on THAT is stronger than it is about a few hundredths of a volt. So im with you. :)

That calibrations feature is a handy little 'hack' if it works out.

Vbatt Calibration, it works.

Got me down .5 volts. Every setting is automatically lowered by half a volt making the minimum 35.5 now.

Just connect electric meter and as you press + the voltage on the meter goes down 10th of a volt. Again max is .5

I am going to press edit on the first post and change the title to how to solar charge 32v marine battery systems.

That was Aug 8th, been working on this for like a month now. Learned so much.

Lithium Pros 16-Volt Lithium Battery Top Post Screw-In Term. P1625
Battery - Power Pro - Lithium-ion - 16 V - 1100 Cranking Amp

V The Braille B168L "Drag Race Spec" lithium battery is only 8 pounds and puts out over 2300 cranking amps. It is capable of starting the 900+ cubic inch motors while running pumps, fans, nitrous solenoids, ignition system, data logging, etc. for a run and typical recharge time is about 10-15 minutes with the 16v 25 amp lithium charger that comes in the combo.

I think 2 of these 16v drag race battery will start any diesel. And this,

XS Power D1600 16V 2400 Amp AGM Battery with 3/8" ...

16 Volt Battery - Deep Cycle (913-D1000) from www.amazon.com
16 Volts ; Battery Cell Composition, Lead-Acid, AGM ; Item Weight, 48.17 Pounds

And 16 volt deep cycle lithium coming out > powerhouse-lithium-16v-100ah-deep-cycle-battery

I read so many forum posts people with 32 volt boats changing everything to run on 12 or 24. Starters alternators .... No way, running 32 volts easier then ever. Ill keep posting stuff.

Last edited:
Back