diy solar

diy solar

Solar component spacing/orientation

SpudBob

I did see a posting about this and posted another question BUT figured I might as well have a post of my own so... Im getting ready to mount my Charge Controller and Inverter in a storage area of my camper on a board ala Will P. I have studied his youtube channel and saw where he mounts everything together on a board. Seemed like a great idea, however noticed that he says you can mount them in ,practically, ANY orientation and VERY close together. Was just about to mount them up in one of his recommended orientations. looked very sano, but thought I might check the manual. So the manual says Charger Controller 4" surround clearance and Inverter 10". WTF Will??? He shows them within 1-2" of each other with some of his recommends. So my question is HOW critical is this? I wont be using the inverter all that much but the C.C. ,obviously, will be on a lot of the time. I WAS planning on putting the Batteries(2 100AH AGM's in there too but that might have been a bit optomistic as the space would allow it but the clearnces would be tight with the components being about 3" from the batteries. Ill admit in a noobie, but want to get this right the first time. Any advice would help! Thanks in advance!

I would follow the manufacturer's recommendations in most cases, though they may be too conservative for some situations.

For me, the Quattro says 10cm clearance all around and in a "well ventilated" area.

Back