diy solar

diy solar

Solar controller options

Dan1

Hi all —thanks for the great info Ive been reading on your forum.

I’m planing a system for my boat, I’m limited to a single 200 watt panel due to space limitations on the roof, the boat has 3 individual 12 volt isolated battery banks (engine 1, house, engine 2)
Is there a MPPT controller available that can distribute the solar power to each individual bank? Ive only found controllers that have one main battery feed and some with a secondary feed to maintain a second battery. I’m aware of the various ACR’s available to achieve this however I would prefer if possible to use a controller.
Thanks

You'll get more traction and answers in the marine category, where marine-specific concerns might come into play.

Hi all —thanks for the great info Ive been reading on your forum.

I’m planing a system for my boat, I’m limited to a single 200 watt panel due to space limitations on the roof, the boat has 3 individual 12 volt isolated battery banks (engine 1, house, engine 2)
Is there a MPPT controller available that can distribute the solar power to each individual bank? Ive only found controllers that have one main battery feed and some with a secondary feed to maintain a second battery. I’m aware of the various ACR’s available to achieve this however I would prefer if possible to use a controller.
Thanks
Run it through a simple diode splitter to feed the separate batteries.

I have always liked the idea of a tow behind solar panel trailer for a boat. Whats stoping you from towing a 1-2kw boat from behind?

Back