diy solar

diy solar

Solar Edge app for "hub inverter"

John45

Question: Are the Solar Edge website and app reading properly for your hub inverter?

A couple of months ago, we had a local company install a 6kw solar system including the Solar Edge 6kw fancy "hub" inverter (SE6000H). This may have been the first hub style inverter that the company installed. I requested that the installer give me full homeowner access to the data from the inverter.

Neither the Solar Edge website or app has has ever returned good info for the system. For instance:

1. Looking at the month readout on the website, the red consumption bars often show consumption numbers up around 50 kWh for each day although our prior usage as reported by PG&E has normally run about 13 - 14 kWh. On the same chart, the green Solar Production and the blue Self Consumption bars are always the same length indicating that we're using all the energy we produce. I know this not to be the case since our meter does turn backwards during high solar production and the PG&E website indicates that we're sending energy back to the grid. The app gives the same readings as the website.

2. Moving down to the Export Import graph, only the red import bars are shown and they're reading too high considering the we do have good solar production.

Here's what I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 11.15.27 AM.png

I've tried talking to Solar Edge tech support a few times to little avail. I'm not sure if it's a language problem or if Solar Edge has been working to redo the website and app for the last 2 months.

Hence, my question to the forum. Are the Solar Edge website and app for the hub inverter working properly for you or did my installer somehow not properly setup the inverter on installation?

I also have Solar edge and you are correct the Solar Edge website/mobile app is screwed up.
I've tried to explain to them it's a mistake on their end not mine, but they don't seem to understand.
As I explained to them when you open the analysis tab on the website and graph the production, import, and export values you get the expected results depending on time of day and power usage. Yet their programmers cannot take that correct information and enter it into the "dashboard" page of the site correctly, it's a simple addition and subtraction formula.

Frustrating

Just a follow-up to our issue. Received the following from Solar Edge today

"Thank you for contacting SolarEdge Support. This is a known issue that we are currently trying to solve. Once we have a resolution on this we will start pushing for FW Upgrade. I will put this site on the list so that it will be included when we push for an upgrade once it is available."

Thanks, Mike. This has been going on for at least the last 2 1/2 months since my system was installed. They've got the data, how tough can it be?

Thanks, Mike. This has been going on for at least the last 2 1/2 months since my system was installed. They've got the data, how tough can it be?
Same here. At first, they told me the CTs were in the wrong place, installed backwards, bla, bla bla
Finally, the lightbulb went off with someone over there realizing if the data coming from me on the "analyze tab" was correct it had to be on their end, that the dashboard page was handling the data incorrectly.

Back