diy solar

diy solar

Solar Edge SE-7600A Inverter Error Code 2x99 HW Error

SurfTech57

Error Code 2x99 HW error is Displayed and inverter is rebooting in a loop, VDC Voltage from Panel array reads 435 volts. When systems was in production Voltage was 335VDC.
Did contact Solar Edge and have Case# opened. Bad inverter or Optimizers? When Inverter power switch is Off the Display reads 14.1 VDC. Saw info that the Voltage should be 1VDC with switch Off. Am not familiar with the Inverter. Am helping a Friend out. Thanks for any Feedback.
This is a Grid Tied system with Export.

Last edited:
Hi SurfTech. How did this case progress for you. My system has the same error after battery being replaced under warranty. Currently overcast here and solar edge says it needs full sun to complete software update but I have my doubts.

Hi SurfTech. How did this case progress for you. My system has the same error after battery being replaced under warranty. Currently overcast here and solar edge says it needs full sun to complete software update but I have my doubts.
Is this a DIY off grid setup?
When I browsed Solar Edge Site it became clear it was a proprietary brand focused merely on Closed box Proffessional Repair, Grid tied solutions.
It would be really interesting to know if SolarEdge is marketing equipment for normal every day DIY-ers?

Contacted Solar Edge in California after the Local Installation company said it would be 6 weeks to send out a Tech. Solar Edge support was awesome and they handled the case under Warranty. The US facility was out of Stock so I purchased a New SE-7600 from Ebay for $900 and it arrived in 3 days with a Newer DC Switch box with Arc Fault protection! The Replacement from Solar Edge arrived too so have a Back up now.
If you Monitor your System with Solar Edge Dashboard it will indicate a Hardware Failure Level 5. Also HW Failure appears on LCD with 2X99 code. The Inverter Failed for sure. Also had the Same Voltage numbers you listed after the Failure.
NOTE: Have seen a Higher number of Off Grid charge controllers Failing. Solar Flares???

Back